The things that make me happy nowadays….

Home Forums Pregnancy, Mums2Be, Birth, New Parents The things that make me happy nowadays….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

As is common with newborns, for the past few days our new baby girl has not had any dirty nappies, plenty of wet ones but no poo and she has been getting quite irritated by it all. She was rigid on and off a lot today and her tummy was quite hard to the touch. She was upset in herself and consequently, we have been unhappy because she is not happy…

Thankfully she just had a dirty nappy this evening. The poor nappy stood no chance; it leaked through everything and it went all over me as well but I could not care less, as she is relieved and is much happier now.

Got me to thinking about how amazing it is that a baby’s bowel movements can affect our moods so much!!!

Never thought something like this could put a smile on my face… :D

I really need a girls night out soon with absolutely no baby talk!!!

Taylor5

I know its the little thing in life that make you happy and family and friend around you. My brother just finished his chemo 2 weeks ago, i got a phone call this morning from my mum, she was upset and said "do you know ehere x (my brother) is going>" I answered "back to hospital"…. "NO HE IS OFF TO SPAIN TOMORROW" 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

i was so happy too hear that, he is only going to Spain for a few days with his friends, it was a surprise for him after the last few months, he only found out yesterday and as i type is in the air…. he has a great bunch of friends and such a kind thing to do, he is starting to feel better and being off work and stuck at home was starting to get to him.
    So yes its the little things that are what make us happy

Jedt
    Keymaster

That was such good news for you Taylor…

I love hearing about women who’ve been trying for ages to get pregnant and then, when it finally happens for them, that brings a smile to my face. it took my sister 3 years to conceive her daughter and when she told me, I was nearly as happy as if it had been me!

Family & friends are what its all about…especially with all the doom & gloom at the moment. Its good to know we still have happy things going on around us. 😀

Taylor5

That how i felt when i read Chickpea was pregnant…. i was almost as happy if it was myself 😆 😆 😆

like letting someone in work clothes/uniform skip ahead of you at the checkout, its only a small thing but it makes life so much happier….. i let a really annoying woman go ahead of me in Aldi a few weeks ago, she was so grumpy and ds2 was making faces at her 🙄 I wanted to get her away from ds she was so grumpy, he was trying to make her laugh but she was only getting more annoyed by the second….. she checked her few bits, then stopped and thanked me, she said she was having a terrible day and me letting her go ahead really cheered her up…. she got talking to me in the carpark, she told me her husband died 3 years ago from cancer, she had been in hospital and her house was broken into,they only took all Gold, her wedding and engagement ring (she didnt want to bring into hospital) She was having a battle with insurance company. She is in her 70’s and has no family up here all in Dublin. My Heart broke for her…. something as small as skipping the q ment so much to her.

munchin
    Participant

lol Sabbi my dd1 used to get consitapted and yes the relief and smile after things had moved – used to make me giggle that her bowel movements could effect all of us 😆 😆
    Taylor that is so lovely of your brothers friends. Didn’t realise he was ill -wishing him a speedy recovery xox
    Yep def the simpliest things in life – like DH making my fav dinner cause he know’s i’ve had a bad day OR the excitment in our girls faces when they see me coming home from work- doesn’t matter how bad the day has been lifts my heart to see them both running around all excited just cause i’m home!

Taylor5

Thanks Munchin, he is doing well, his cancer had spread but its looking good at this stage. Its was very very suddem, his friend was over at his house the week before Easter and his Little daughter was messing with my brother and smacked him in the groin, he was in alot of pain and after 3 days when the pain didnt ease (and a swollen testicle) he went tothe Gp, the next day he was in Hospital and had his testicle removed, it had spread to the glands and after months of very intense chemo he is feeling alot better….. he had a very strained releationship with my mam, but this has helped build bridges.
    Just goes to show things happen for a reason, where would he be now if his friends child didnt visit and he never got the bang to the groin?
    There is another cancer in the family but cant post up here as its not looking good, a very stressful time and makes you realise your family are everything

happymumblemum
    Participant

Glad to hear your bro is making a good recovery Taylor, yes thank god he got that kick in the bits..just goes to show fate and all??

Sorry to hear you have another family illness, life is very tough alright and yes family is everything. more important than anything….

Sabbi, yes its amazing the way this works, i think we all have an exploding constipated baby poo story to tell…mine was as i picked up my knife and fork to eat Xmas dinner 2003 😆 😆 😆 ….

God love the simple things in life they mean so much..a happy empty from poo baby…life certainly changes with kids but no one could ever say for the worst..I am actually kicking myself now for not having more kids sooner, why did i stick my head in to a "not doing it" mindset 🙁

munchin
    Participant

gosh taylor as you say things hapeen for a reason and it’s good your brother and mam have built bridges.
    Sorry to hear about your other family member can imagine it’s not been an easy time lately xoxox

Taylor5

gosh taylor as you say things hapeen for a reason and it’s good your brother and mam have built bridges.
    Sorry to hear about your other family member can imagine it’s not been an easy time lately xoxox

Yes it has been very tough, this wife has MS and he cares for her and works fulltime, think it was a huge wake up call and they needed to look at other options for the future.

I had a poo story, the first day dh went back to work on ds1 i was changing his bum in his cream nursery, when i was holding his legs up poo shot out, i put my hand down to stop the poo spraying out… not a great idea as it only sprayed the poo EVERYWHERE!!! I got the place cleaned up, standing in my bra and knickers (pj’s on the floor covered in poo) I started to clean and wash ds down, only for the same to happen again, but this time the the wardrobe doors were wide open and im not joking there was POO EVERYWHERE…. i ran dh in tears, he told me he has me on speaker phone in his office and while i cried my eyes out down the phone telling my tale of woe…. the bastards were Cracking up laughing at me!!!!!! I only found this out a while back, one if his mates was here having a few drinks and let is spill… I will NEVER forget how i felt that day….. Oh it gets better, i live opposite a hill and the builders were building the house across the road, i had the light on and i looked across and seen 4 or 5 faces looking in at me!!!! 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

munchin
    Participant

oh gosh Taylor thought of a few stories but can’t beat that one! 😆 😆 😆

Jedt
    Keymaster

Our baby girl smiled at me for the first time today. Such an amazing feeling looking at her with her big gummy smile and twinkling eyes. Best feeling in the world!! 😀 😀

chickpea

hey sabbi

biggest congrats on the arrival of ur new baby…i didnt realise you had ur baby as ive not been on line much as my pc is busted….

i hope your not having too many restless nights..

😀 😀 😀

Jedt
    Keymaster

Lots of restless nights but the gummy smiles makes it all worthwhile.

when you feel up to it, pop into one of our get togethers – I think there are quite a few mammies who would like to give you a big hug…me included. xx

chickpea

Thanks sabbi

i will pop to one soon….

taylor

you crack me up…haahaha 😀 😀 😀

Taylor5

oh gosh Taylor thought of a few stories but can’t beat that one! 😀

I swear i still think that was one of the worst days of my life, i cried like a baby, i had no family around me, just over a section and a baby too look after….. everytime i thought my day couldnt get any worse IT DID!!! I fed ds and he went back asleep while i sobbed my heart out….

Things that make you happy…. seeing others happy, i was driving past OLOL and i seen what looked like a new dad making his way back to the carpark, he had a smile that was so big it could have been seen from space 😀 😀 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.