Stay at home mother

Home Forums Pregnancy, Mums2Be, Birth, New Parents Stay at home mother

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    mammycool
    Participant

Hi Girls,

As of next Wednesday, I shall be a stay at home mother for a year! Very scary thought! How do you manage to keep sane? I have a very boisterous nearly 2yr old son – who I have to keep entertained. He is a one man demolition squad!

I know my neighbours on both sides and that is it for the area. In saying that, I am 15mins drive from my family in two directions but I don’t suppose I can load up the car and invade them every day of the week.

Besides the usual cooking / cleaning and minding kids how does everyone else keep busy?

scole1

ya turn a blind eye to EVERYTHING 😆 😆

seriously the best thing to do it to get out, meet people try and get to toddler groups etc that way you get to have adult talk and also child gets to interact….

then as regards if ya don’t get out to try and do activities with child…even though i know you’re having a baby and you will be wreacked after having a baby….

you will have bad days and you will have great days, but it’s a case of finding your feet…but you’ll get there, and besides there’s loads of girls here that ya can moan to…. 😉

I know this can be a scary thought. You will definitely have your good days and sometimes more bad days. Actually when i first was at home with my daughter at the time was much easier her personality wasn’t all over the place. Now for my son who seems to fit the description of your little boy, alot of enery, etc..Honestly i ran my home like i had a little preschool, a shedule, games reading..and some art if i wasn’t to drained from chores and dd!! Keep them busyy and don’t forget to include their naps 😆

Getting out with him is a good idea, these playgroups are a breather.
    Good luck and have fun.

Happymammy

Hi im in Duleek (as ya know) and there is a parent and toddler group every wednesday. Or even meet up and go for a coffee or the swings. 😀

mammycool
    Participant

Thanks girls – yes, it is all common sense really. Just very daunting at the moment – have no energy and he is wearing me out! I will definately check out the Parent and Toddler groups, love Jumpin Beans in Duleek – fab coffee and ds is a great fan of the the playground – though the weather has kept us away and it can be a battle to get him out again.

munchin
    Participant

i’m only round corner from playground in duleek though haven’t been in ages and all going well on maternity leave from end of may so may meet you with ye! 😉

mammycool
    Participant

Thanks girls – where is the parent and toddler group held in Duleek? I might get there in a few weeks when things quieten down. Just relaxing and getting used to being at home with my ds before his little brother or sister decides to put in an appearance.

scole1

was thinking of you wondering if baby had arrived…obviously not…but keep informed….

mammycool
    Participant

No – nothing happening. I had no broadband for a few weeks but back online now. Baby is dropped and ready for action this last two weeks but does not appear to want to come out!

happymumblemum
    Participant

Hi Mammy Cool , where is Jumping beans in Duleek? Is it down the new business park ?

Yvonne

Hey HMM! Jumping Bean is a lovely little coffee shop when you go down into the village!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.