Speech – child of 18 months

Home Forums National Chat Speech – child of 18 months

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Bernice

Exactly , let him /her make the effort , not forcing anythign is the way , s I said. He / she is doing fine , and Mum knows best , afterall. Hope you continue working with him the way you are, but honest forget the cards for now , as I said he is doing fine. All develope at their own pace, ahead in some areas , even . And as I said , dont just give it , get the effort, make it FUN…………. just as you so do at the moment .
    And remember , like us all , they love the praise . Good luck with your Therapy course , yuo will make a fine Therapist. And Mum, you doing brill too. So no worries , for now , let it lie, and enjoy . Bernice

Taylor5

Sorry the course isnt for me to be a Therapist, but for me to learn skills to help ds along. I did think it was a bit strange the ds doesnt have to attend with me, but after week one its working well.
    It is a group session and you get to talk and listen to other mothers. I was worried about ds not talking (but he does use baby sign language) but some of the other mothers have MUCH older kids then ds.
    I have to say he is very sharp and is so clever ( I know he is my child and I would say that) when he was tested his score was what they would expect for a 4 year old not a 2 year old. But his problem is the balance between mental knowledge and his verbal bout put, but they think it will all catch up in time.

Bernice

Perhaps , or should I say probably , you will go on to study this in the future, to bring your knowledge to those that need help. You learning skills now , that you could use to help others, and as you been there, worn the t shirt etc. be the perfect candidate. For now though, enjoy your learning experience and what it brigns, and when you ready , you know you will use these skills to help others you already do that . And you already using these skills for your own needs / wants and desires. Your child is so lucky to have you as a Mum. And as a Mum, your lerning never ends. Happy Trick or Treating …………… And enjoy course , and if I was psychic , (not though) , just looking at all the help you offer , an d feeling already Mumstown not need me for advice, they have you , and that is meant in the best possible way . Well done. Bernice

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.