Special Needs

Home Forums Education Special Needs

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    helen

hi JR,
    we dont attend a support group as such but we are linked in with enable ireland. they have meetings every so often and a crimbo party coming up.
    Great to hear that your little fella is walking. What age is he now?? Is he talking?
    It’s very hard sometimes to see other babas the same age flying about……..and even younger babas doing more than my little one. It still gets to me and upsets me at times (on bad days!) and I’m sure that will never go away but it gets easier.
    Helen

JR

Hi Helen,

The reason i asked all of u’s about the support group, is because i dont attend a support group myself. Because Ben’s condition is’nt heard of, here in Ireland that well, well u just have 2 get on with it!!!! I am a member of the UK group, which is gr8. But i have been asked would i set up a support group to people with special needs kids. He is 3 and that very important half!!!!! He is saying everything!!!! He is very funny…… He only really started talking in the beginning of this yr! He is behind in some stuff, but i know it will come to him at some stage. He has the rest of his life to catch up!!!! Like urself Helen, i have my share of bad days.I also find that people can be, rude to a condition they have never heard of, and that drives me insane, i just can’t talk to them at all…….

tazzy

Hiya
    I have a 6 yo son with autism. We live in Drogheda, but he goes to school in Kilsaran – he attends the outreach class there and is getting on fantastically. He’s a great little kid, but has his moments. I also have a dd who thankfully is fine.
    Tazzy

Taylor5

JR I dont know if your watching but there is a programme on More4 at the moment its called Born to be Different, but there is a child with Tuberous Sclerosis & Epilepsy on it. I hope you got to watch it

pinkbabe

The little boy I mind is waiting to be assessed for ADHD & possible hearing problems (picked up by both myself & playschool teacher)

I am hoping it is just laziness on his part but am worried that it is not. He has very bad balance, completly ignores me sometimes (maybe can’t hear me) & has very poor co ordination. He is extremly hyper & didn’t settle with his new minder when I moved to Drog last summer, she found him high maintenance & very demanding. Thankfully she was happy to give him back when I came home jobless 🙂

JR

Hi Taylor5,

I was watching it, and it was heart breaking! DS Epilepsy is not as bad as it was for that little boy. I do hope it never will b either. I got his playschool teacher and the school he will b starting in (pls god) to watch it!! U prob think i am crazy, but i feel more people need to know about it….

nikki28

Hi I have a son with CP he was born at 29 wks. He is now 19mths and the most loveable funny little guy. He has very minor delayed motor problems. He is not yet walking but he is doing everything else which is fantastic as we were told he would never do alot of anything.

However my son is with the early intervention team in drogheda and only for there support and help over the last 19mths I dread to think where we would be now. We owe them so much.

Taylor5

No JR I dont think your crazy at all, I never heard of this until you posted about your ds. When I heard it on that programme I was "Oh, thats what JRs babs has"
    Some of the kids problems were heart breaking, but they are so brave and wonderful kids.

JR

Hi Taylor,

Glad you think i am not crazy!!! Sometimes i feel it………… I have met quiet a few people in the pasted, who ingorance’s have been horrible. They will say oh how is DS, i’m like ye ok, (i dont bother saying how he really is, as i find people r only asking to b nice) they will then say look sure not a bother on him!!!!!! If u calling having a non-cureable condition nothing wrong. That really P*****S me off…. 😡 Since having DS i have learned to speak up, as no one else will!!

jac

Louth Autism Support Group this wed 16th Jan in Monasterboice Inn ( Donegans) at 9.00pm. its a very casual drop in meeting and all are welcome. Meetings are third Wed of every month

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.