So surprised… playsch reluctant to take my deaf daughter!

Home Forums National Chat So surprised… playsch reluctant to take my deaf daughter!

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    super minder

you go girl .
    if tescos said you couldnt have a job because you were deaf you would now be in the high courts. name and shame the place. go on radio and write to paper . please dont feel bad.

not all childcare workers are like that.

Moonflower

That really is a disgrace Missy G…i feel tearful thinking about you & how upset you must be….you will find a lovely playschool for your little one I am sure…there are many wonderful ones in our area…your little one has every right to go to same schools as our little ones…

sending you a big hug

Moonflower xxx

Sabrinab 08

Missyg, well done on that, everything happens for a reason, well i beloeve so anyway! even though this have been upsetting for you, you are finding out information that maybe other parents were unaware of and didnt know what to do with same situation! maybe your gonna be the person to spaek loudest for everyone! Regardless of sight, speech hearing or any other physical, emotional or mental difiiculties ppl face in life, NO ONE has any right to make your ds or anyone elses even harder.Maybe you should go further for others sakes. you never know maybe you as a lady who has dealt with deafness and hearing difficulties in her would be most appropriate at making these ppl who are blessed with hearing actually able to listen. 😀
    Let us know how your ds gets on in ps, my one is getting there with potty training now so have get in gear to get her name down for sept!

name and shame the place…i know u would.

MissyG

just an update – visited another playschool in the locality & 2 ladies looking after 15 kids in a lovely place & the kids all looked v happy & one or two didn’t want to leave!!!! 😆 had a chat with them & they adored dd & fell in love with her… very enthusiastic & excited with dd coming on board in sept & i have to say myself & dh wereover the moon!!!!! 😀
    still working on creating awareness tho & i will try my best to get the msg across! 😀

missyg

kasia

missy g – look on the positive side of that experience.
    at last your dd didn’t get a place where there wasn’t proper care for her.
    imagine what could have happend if she got a place in that playschool – probably after a while you’d have to take her to another place anyway.
    everything happens for a reason – and for your dd that means getting the place she deserves.
    i wish all the best for both of you.

still working on creating awareness tho & i will try my best to get the msg across – keep it up 🙂

Babs

I am delited for you! I am not surprised they fell in love with her, she is gorgeous! Let us know how she gets on!! X

cc1234

Hi MissyG,

I am so sorry & disgusted to hear about what has happened. It is actually a worry I have myself to be honest, our 9 month old was born pre maturly and was thought deaf until he had hearing test at cochlear implant dept at beaumont hospital at aged 10wks approx, after which they said that he was not deaf but that the tubes of his ears were very thin so he would have constant problems with build up of wax& this effects his hearing. The way this effects him is that some days his hearing will be near perfect, yet other days he may be totally deaf due to tubes of ear being blocked with excessive wax, I know that this is totally different from that of your own child but when I read your post I felt I could identify with it as I worry about when I enrol my son for playschool or school will this kind of thing may occur as he will still more than likely have this problem then, I certainly would not accept this, as a previous poster suggested already, why not report to ippa and also the health board as pre schools have to be approved in order to open and this kind of pre judice should not be tolerated
    On a happier note, I would like to recommend a playschool in bettystown, my ds (age 3) has been attending since Sept and he loves it and the 2 girls are lovely, its bellingham, on the golf links road, run by a lady named Sue,pm me if you want anycontact details, God please tell me this isn’t the playschool in question, this is where I intend on sending my baby!
    I can understand that the whole experience was very and is still very upsetting but keep the chin up, not all child care workers are as ignorant!

cc1234
    x

super minder

well done . glad you didnt give up pet. she will be happyer there anyways.
    keep us posted.

offer still there for sat mornings xxx starting next sat at ten.

MissyG

hi cc1234,

thanks a million for your post & that’s the playschool that has accepted our dd!!!! :):):):) i’m so delighted its definitely the right choice i’m v happy to say!!!!
    what does the ippa stand for & what exactly do they do???

missyg

cc1234

the ippa is the irish pre-school playgroup association, they ensure quality in early childcare services but that is only a fraction of what they do, i have attached their website, its quite interesting & gives details on their services, its worth a look!!

http://www.ippa.ie

Im so delighted to hear that this is the playschool to accept your dd, she’ll love it, the 2 girls are amazing, couldnt be nicer, my little boy has been going since sept and was at the summer camp last july & he loves it, he’ll be there next yr too. When is your dd starting, did you say sept? You should send her to the summer camp there, its only for 2wks but its full of fun activities for the little ones!

MissyG

tks a million for that – its very interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂 what about the health board, how would they be involved in pre schools/ playschools etc?
    i was told about the summer camp when i visited the playschool with dd & i might send her there for a couple of days & see how she gets on!!! she should be more than ready by sept, but i need to do the dreaded potty training first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😆

missyg

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.