skin problems

Home Forums ASK THE EXPERT Skincare Expert skin problems

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    travelgirl

Hi there,

not sure if this is the right place for this post, but sure will give it a go!
    I am doing bridesmaid for my cousin in 4 months and i need some help with my skin, it is in really bad condition and would love to get it up to scratch in time for the wedding.
    It is quite red and blotchy and i regulary get spots on my chin and neck? i would say i have oily/combination skin, which can be quite sensitive too.
    my problems are that i have no idea what products to get, and the ones that i do eventually get need to be quite inexpensive as finances, like everyone else are very limited!
    so any advise will be greatly appreciated!
    thanks

Jedt
    Keymaster

Hi travelgirl,

I find the Elave range very good and not expensive. Their facial cleasner is a gorgeous product (one of my personal favourites) and is great when used with a warm, wet facecloth. Its like a mini facial and leaves skin soft and non irritated. I have used many expensive cleansers over the years and I think this is one of the best products I have ever come across and the fact it is free from harmful or irritating chemicals, just makes it even better.

Its not expensive (around a tenner) and is available in pharmacies all over the country.

Their intensive moisturising cream is excellent too and works well after the cleanser. That keeps skin hydrated all day/night and is good under foundation. Just make sure to leave about 5 mins after you moisturise before you put any make up on, to give the skin a chance to absorb it!

There are some competitions on Mumstown to win an Elave hamper – maybe you should enter that and you might get lucky!!

Yvonne

I might give the moisturiser a try, as I suffer with dehydrated since, I could do with the hydration you speak of!

Must look out for it!

Jedt
    Keymaster

Its in most chemists – if you get a chance try the cleanser Yvonne, its fab. Just had a mum on here yesterday saying it cleared up some dry skin patches on her face. and its only around a tenner, its a brilliant product and lasts ages.

blonde

Hi travelgirl

I used to suffer with the same problem ! I spent a fortune on expensive washes & creams and nothing shifted it , and when my period was due it would get worse, but i tried forever living liquid soap and i have never looked back 😀 i have really oily skin but my kids suffer with exzema and i use it on them aswell and it works wonders :D

Yvonne

Will definitely be trying it, reading the reviews it looks good!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.