single mums chat

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Nickiedolly

Hiya guys,

Well,as I’ve said before i call it a touch of SMS….Single mother syndrome…. Quite catchin! 😆
    I don’t know what the slang translations are here or maybe I’m a bit slow,like DD and DS. Are they new bra sizes or sumthin??

Seriously though,I really empathise with Mum’s who don’t get enough time to themselves or get sitters. I myself have a little boy and a little girl. Their Dad takes them every weekend though which is great. Was a tough few years but relations are alot better now.

I still though find during the week tough. I work a couple of hrs a day and also do voluntary work one evening a week. Bit of a disaster area when it comes to relationships and haven’t had much luck. I find that the hardest thing lately is the "on my own" bit. Little things like the kids giving me a tough time or just the day to day silly things,having to make all the decisions and do the lot on you’re own.

Was so down in dumps a fewweeks ago because I woke up sick but had to get into work and drop kids to school. I really felt it then,like there was no one to prod and say,could you get up,think I’m gonna be sick.

One of the worst days,I got through it though which was great and being independent is very liberating and great but suppose I think sometimes,I just think, I look after the kids,the house,all the bills,the parties,the sicknesses and be nice to have someone to look after me. 🙁
    Jeez,sound so bad whinin,its not a feckin lonely hearts column!

Girls,feel free to have a rant back. I’m great at other people’s stuff! lol

Wilson

Hi Maryb and all

I am on facebook or operation transformation facebook if you wish to get in contact via discussion board groups or emotional eating in the first instance. Won’t be visiting mumstown for a few months now.

Eileen Wilson

yummymummy

Nickiedolly

Im in the same boat…….have a 8yo son and been practically single for 6 years (well 5 if you count a couple of men that i dated for a while) and im beginning once again to fecking hate it!!!!!!!!

I get bouts of i love the single life blah blah and now im gone the other side now and hate it. My ds goes to his dads at the weekend, all and i mean ALL my mates are either married or paired off for years….it can be very frustrating altogether. I love my fridays alone tho but once sat hits and you have been in all day doing nothing and sitting in again that night doing nothing, well im sure you have had the same, we dont need to go into detail haha.

Its very frustrating and also very pitiful at the same time, I hate feeling this way as Im a very independent person, i dont NEED a man……..but I do want one. AAAAGGGGGGHHHH the joys of it all.

newmum20yrs

Hi, I’m a single mum too. a new one actually, my babys just 5 weeks old. It’s definately not as tough now as it will be in years to come but in a way I sometimes think it couldnt possible get harder. Having a newborn and living alone is really not easy… especially because im only 20 yrs old so none of my friends can identify with it really. theyre great and really supportive but they still cant understand the actually challenges it presents…

im new to this site, trying to meet other mums as close to my age as possible… please let me know if ur out there! sometimes it feels like the only other women with kids are in their 40s!

yummymummy

Hey newmum20…..

I became a single parent when my ds was 3 so even though I can feel your plight mine was somewhat different as in my son was alot older. He is 9 now and we are grand 🙂

Have you tried going to some parent toodler groups? or the coffee mornings??
    Join us in inane chat too for some like minded chat…..:)

suzieQ

Hi newmum20,
    Im a single 21 yr old living alone with my DD who is 1! Lived at home with y parents until my DD was 7 months and living alone with her as been the best experience ever. Its hard sometimes but its incredibly worth it.
    Think i get about 18 hrs a week to my self. When Im working or her dad has her! But i wouldnt change it for the world. DD just started walking so the fun is just beginning.
    This site is brilliant for any help and guidancce you need. I find myself on it nearly every day!!
    good luck and take care!
    SuzieQ

beedee

Hi guys can I join in? New to this site.
    I have one boy who is 5 in 2 weeks and he’s starting junior infants on monday. It’s just the two of us – FAF has been AWOL since I was 20 weeks – thankfully I’m loooong over him 😉

Look forward to chatting with you all

miffym

I know how you all feel. I am single mum, age 42 now. I have four children. its like having two families. My children are 22, 19, 16, and 5. three are from my marriage, and the5 year old is from a second relationship. So i have a failed marriage, and a broken relationship. Bad choice in men. i have had to go through the heartache twice. I self sufficent and my children are wonderful so its not all bad. 🙂

Jedt
    Keymaster

Sounds like tough going miffym, do you get much support from your exes and your family? Do the older kids help out with the youngest one?

There are some Mumstown get togethers on next week if you feel like coming along with your 5 year old. We meet up for a coffee and chat and the kids can play together. Tue morning is in Drogheda at the Laurence town centre, in the Bagel Bar from 10.30am. Parking is free and there is a play area for the kids and free nibbles for the parents.

Thursday from 10am is the Bagel Bar, Marshes Dundalk. Free nibbles and play for the kids there too.

There is also a get together in the Gourmet food parlour at the Grange, in Ballyboughal, Co Dublin next Tuesday morning too if thats closer to you? Thats from 10am as well and parking free there too.

There is an org called Rainbows Ireland that helps families who are dealing with seperation. I’ve spoken with a mum who went with her 4 children after her seperation and she said it was really helpful to be in the company of other parents & children who were going through the same thing.

Here is the link if you would like to take a look: http://www.rainbowsireland.com/

Hope some of that helps. Take care.

miffym

hi thanks for your reply, I get some help from the other children, they are older, and they have their owns lives are doing really well, i am very proud of them. no help from ex husband, i am well use that now were broke up 14 years now. my little girl the 5 year old her dad is not to bad now, he will give me a few a bob when he has it, and he takes her to stay over the odd night. she gets to see her two half brothers. he has 2 boys from his marriage. Its not all doom and gloom. My friends all have husbands or partners, I just get a bit lonely some times, I try to stay positive. I go to the mums town event in the laurence centre. is next tuesday that event is on in Co Dublin. this is my mobile no, 085 1189059. feel free to give a text. I am going go contact that organistion. 🙂 🙂 thanks again.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Miffym,

Tomorrow morning there is a Mumstown event in Dundalk, upstairs at the Marshes. It is at the Bagel Bar, in the upstairs food court.

We will have a bouncy castle for the kids, free nibbles for parents and some goody bags for parents too.

Its a good mix of parents with babies, toddlers and children so you are most welcome along to that if it suits.

There is a get together next Tuesday at the Gourmet Food Parlour at the Grange, Ballyboughal Co Dublin. Thats also from 10am and is a nice relaxed atmosphere for a chat.

Hope thats helpful, please come say hello if you are at an event. 🙂

miffym

thanks for all the information.

Singlemumto1

Hi as my name suggests, im a single mum to one. She is one year old, 1 live in dublin and would love to chat to other single mums.

miffym

Hi, how are you, I know how you feel, i have four children. its not easy being on your own. Three children from my marraige, and my youngest a five year girl, from a second relationship, which din’t work out. not had much luck with men. I am originally from Dublin my-self. I live in laytown Co Meath now.

janehanes

Hello to everyone. I’m Jane, a mother of an ADHD teen. I have a profound respect for all single parents and parents who have kids suffering from this kind of disorder, both mothers and fathers are alike. Our job is not an easy one. Knowledge and understanding of the situation you face helps to better cope and relate to your child. I love my teen and he is now studying in one of the therapeutic boarding schools here in our town.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.