shoppiing in Newy – any opinons on shopping across the borde

Home Forums Louth Chat shoppiing in Newy – any opinons on shopping across the borde

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    louise789

Well here’s another one that’s making me take a trip up north very soon… Went into Clarks the other day to look at first shoes for DS and liked the look of the "cruising" shoes. They were €35 – yikes!!!!! I then came home and was chatting to a friend in England about them and she told me hers were £20!!!!!!! How can they justify that difference?? So, off we go again, up to Newry to hunt for another bargain. When will they learn that we can’t afford not to do this??

mammycool
    Participant

Louise789 – there is a clarks in the Whitewater Outlet in Banbridge -it is about 15 mins drive from Newry – there is a exit directly off the A1 in. Though you might want to consider a different brand – I had the PHN in last November and she mentioned that there is no arch support in the Clarks shoes for babies. They are getting a lot of children 3 -4 years coming in with collapsed arches – the parents thought they were buying the best shoes and getting the kids measured etc but the shoes offer no support. You need a pair that have a slight raise where the arch is normally – there should be some sort of marking on the shoe.

Believe it or not – Heatons shoes have this!

louise789

Brilliant advice – thanks for that!!! I will check them out when we’re ready to go for them! x

Taylor5

Mammycool your right about clarkes I would only put startrite on kids and babies as I hate clarkes shoes

I gave in and went up north on Sunday, God it was manic!!!!! Got there 20mins after opening and it was packed. Not a space in the carpark and you had to battle up and down the aisles, they ahd 27 tills open and there was still 8 or more trollies per tiill.
    I wouldnt got every week but found the baby and dog food brilliant and a few bits and bobs, the fruit was more expensive. You would really have to know the prrices.
    God 7 tins of baby formula and dog food 15kg for 105pounds, it would have cost double donw here. Im going to head up again in a few weeks for more formula (8euro up there 12.50 down south) but going to go mid week

Got the v tech camera in Argos for 36pounds

munchin
    Participant

you got the camera cool – where did you go? we’re heading on sat but we were going to head to Sainburys – hope it’s not too packed – idea of it puts me off – i’ll go on my own mid-week when on maternity leave but at the minute can only go at w/e’s 😥

mammycool
    Participant

Taylor5 – where do you get the Startrite shoes? I have changed over to Pablosky(or something like that) – my hubby bought them but bought little boots – they do have the arch support and ds got measured but he got blisters and sore ankles the first few days – which he never had before. In saying that, they are a very good pair of leather shoes but I would like to try out the others as well.

munchin
    Participant

mammycool i got a pair of boot by pab whatever for dd and they’re great. I don’t know nane of shop but accross from AIB there is a kids shoe shop – it’s on a corner at end of laneway – they do the startrite. sorry brain is mush and i just can’t remember the name of the shop

scole1

issey and co…..also dwyers do startrite…i prefer startrite shoes too, but ds in a pair of clarks at the moment actually quite decent looking, but find there’s not much style wise and again prefer startrite…..

Taylor5

I get my kids shoes in Cripps in Dublin or Issey and co in Drogheda.

Munchin you should go online to Argos and reserve the camera for collection, just to be 100% sure it will be in stock

munchin
    Participant

i tried taylor – but up to my tonsils in work and couldn’t find the store etc will try later

munchin
    Participant

got the camera – now just hae to hide it till babs is born 😉 Thanks for the info girls

went to sainburys in sprucefield – good value to be had without a doubt esp on some of kids stuff. some good offers etc onmeat today.
    don’t think it’ll be something i’ll do every week but definitely worth doing a big shop say monthly and reducing weekly shop

ed1
    Participant

Hi munchin, is Sprucefield far from Newry. I went to Sainsburys in Newry yesterday and came away very annoyed. The shelves were practically empty.

scole1

go straight at roundabout from newry instead of turning right to newry follw signs saying bandbridge / belfast it’s about another 20mins from newry but worth it, HUGE sainbury’s

ed1
    Participant

Must try that out the next time. Thanks Scole.

munchin
    Participant

sorry only logged on again this morning – yeah very easy to find it is HUGE lots & Lots of food etc however i did think they had very few cleaning products

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.