Secondary Irish School update, Coláiste an Phiarsaigh.

Home Forums Education Secondary Irish School update, Coláiste an Phiarsaigh.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Update regarding Coláiste an Phiarsaigh.

We are the founding committee for the new All Irish secondary school in Drogheda. This school will be available to all children of second level age.
    On Thursday 25th February we met with Minister Batt O’Keefe and a senior Official from the Department of Education to show them our proposal.

They were impressed and will be back to us soon. We are now in a position to invite parents to a meeting in the Boyne Valley Hotel on Tuesday 27th April at 8.00 in order to show you the same presentation, so you will have first hand knowledge of our plans for the Coláiste.

Ní neart go cur le chéile,

carolger

Do you have any idea when this school will be up & running?

Jedt
    Keymaster

Not sure of all the details, will go along to the meeting to find out the plans and also, if there is anything we can do to help it along.

Fair play to all the people on the committee, they are working hard to get this moving and I’ll be offering any help I can give them.

Its great this will be available, my children are attending a Gaelscoil and Naionra so its nice to know they can continue in Irish after that.

carolger

I will defo attend the meeting also, our children are attending a Gaelscoil as well & I would love for them to have an Irish Secondary School to go to when they are finished in primary, might not be possible for our eldest but hopefully for our youngest!!!!

carolger

Unfortunately I can’t make the meeting tomorrow night, didn’t realise I had another commitment. Is there any chance someone could post me an update from the meeting as I would really like to know how things are progressing….

Jedt
    Keymaster

Carolger,

I reckon there will be updates on the website that was mentioned in the original post – you should be able to check there for information and then if you need to, you can contact the guys through that site too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.