really struggling…..

Home Forums Newborns, Babies, Toddlers, Kids, Teens! really struggling…..

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Brenda2011

Sabbi i dont think you sounded like you were moaning just telling it how it is,your daughter is having a bad few days & i totally feel your pain it is completely exhausting when it seems if they are left alone for more than 5 minutes they have a melt down,i have to say DEEP BREATHS help!!

Myself & my partner are going to go out for lunch on sunday together (my parents are going to mind Hailey) it will be the first time that we will be doing something on our own since we got her home from hospital,am a bit nervous even thinking about it but i think if we dont do something together soon we will forget how to be a couple!!, as most of our daily conversations consist of talking of Haileys feeds,wee & poo!!

Sabbi hope you had a better night with your daughter last night & that she is in better form today

happymumblemum
    Participant

Lol at your poo and wee conversations…

Brenda hate to say it but my dd is 8 and the conversations haven’t gotten much better 😆 😆 😆 😆

Enjoy your Dinner out .. x

Taylor5

God love you, its really hard in the early days…. i can look back and laugh now, but at the time some of those tough early days were the darkest in my life, i had one day where ds squirted poo everywhere in his cream nursery, i roared crying and felt such a failure.

I find just put the baby in a crib/cot safe place, stand out in the garden with a cuppa or get into the shower for 5 mins (somewhere you cant hear the crying) Calm down, take those few minutes to yourself…. then dust yourself off and go deal with your roaring baby or in most cases after being left for a bit the baby is fast asleep.
    If you are stress or tense in any way the baby can pick up on this, its not that she doesnt like you, but i had days where i felt like that. Dh would walk in and ds would stop crying, making me feel worse than i aleady did.
    How is the feeding going? Maybe its just a growth spurt and she just wants more boob, they can do this for 1 or 2 days every so often.
    Good luck, your not alone xxx

Jedt
    Keymaster

I ended up at doc with baby yesterday evening as she was crying & screaming so much and turns out the poor little mite had a slight ear infection. she is on the tail end of it so no need for medicine or anti biotics – the doc actually said that the best I can do is keep feeding her breastmilk (my poor boobs have been on tap for her past few days!).

She ate some lunch today and is in much better form and is asleep now and happy again and my boobs returning to normal – that was rough few days and glad to be at the end of it (hopefully thats an end to it) and a relief that she has stopped crying so much, it is utterly exhausting and can push you to your limits.

I am taking my 6 & 8 year olds out tomorrow morning and really looking forward to spending some time with them without running to baby all the time to pick her up and feed her. I love her to bits but looking forward to getting out for a while and focusing on them only and not pushing a buggy. Its a must for us mums to have some time away, if we didn’t, we would all crack up!

Now if only I can get a bath ON MY OWN when we get home tomorrow that would be fabulous. Cannot remember the last time I had a good long soak without a little person running in naked andjumping in!! 😆

Enjoy your lunch on Sunday Brenda – maybe be daring and have a glass of wine, you totally deserve it after all you’ve been through, as does your partner.Don’t worry, the grandparents will be fine minding her – as hard as it is to leave her and even though you want to tell them how to do things your way – they know what they are doing and they will cope, they’ve done it all before remember!!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.