PTSB rate increase!

Home Forums ASK THE EXPERT Financial Advice & budgeting ideas PTSB rate increase!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Taylor5

PTSB put rates up for anyone looking to fix to 8 and 9%!!!!! WTF are they doing?

You know im looking to fix and i noticed on the form they are looking for 125e to go to fixed rate, they are calling it "An Arrangement fee"
    Is the the norm now to bump up profits as the rates have been so low? Any advice or way out of paying it?

julymam

Seen it on the news!!!
    increased the 5yr fixed rate by 3% to 8% !!!!!!!!!!!!! 😯 😯

Taylor5

I think the Government have to step at this stage, ffs they are so quick to put their begging bowls out to take the taxpayers money, have they no shame in upping the rates so high!!!
    No wonder they said they were freezing people fixing for 10 days!!!

julymam

its a disgraceTaylor, and I don’t hold out any hope of the government doinganything…fu**ing joke!

Taylor5

What a shower of Bleeps….. that is just a massive jump!! I guess your not fixing now with those rates

Financial Companion
    Participant

For people on a variable rate, they still haven’t finsihed their "review" to decide what options to give people. The new higher rates are for people coming off a fixed at present. They are 7.25% for a 2yr fixed, 8.75% for a 5yr fixed and 9.1% for a 7 0r 10yr fixed.

For example, someone on a €300,000 mortgage over 30 years who was on say 5%, repayment would have been €1,590.17 per month, if they choose the new 5 yr fixed of 8.75% this will increase the monthly payment to €2,289.23 (based on average repayment from start of mortgage for illustration purposes), that’s an increase of €699.03 per month!

This should become a political matter after all that has been done for the banks!!

URGENT: If anybody had already received notification before these increases that their fixed rate is due to expire shortly and the date has not yet passed to avail of the lower options, they will need to respond before the deadline or else they will lose the lower rate options!

Jedt
    Keymaster

This is genuinely very scary, how on earth are people going to manage such jumps in their repayments??

Are they trying to force people into fixed rates?

I really cannot get over this, its so shocking – can the government not step in here.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.