present for the teacher

Home Forums National Chat present for the teacher

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    scole1

Received such gifts for ten yrs in UK

chocs = dislike (waistline)
    smellies = ok (helpline at xmas when you need an emergency present to give to someone who just turned up at ur house with a gift for you and you don’t have one for them. Drag said smellies out of bottom of wardrobe, re-wrap and hey presto! You have thoughtful gift yo agonised for ages over for your guest!)
    wine = like like like (lifeline)

Alaways get oxfamie unwrapped chairidee gifts for teachers now. Lots of feeling smug, they like it if you have spent 20 on a school in some lesss well developed country and bought them a set of books and you don’t have to spend ages searching and wrapping. Teaches kids a good value too.

And if you don’t like some of your classroom teacher’s methods (as I don’t this year), is a marvellous way of giving without getting, iykwim!!!

scole1

ok it’s that time of year again, when the kids are finishing up with their class and the present for the teacher is calling…

so any suggestions or opinions on this…do you agree with giving the teacher something? do you feel there’s too much peer pressure to do this? is it nice to give a token and if a token how much is too much and how much is to little? do you pitch in with a group of parents or just give a card….

i’m sure many here have at some stage been at this point and just wondering what you did…my ds1 has 2 teachers but 1 he was with for 2years would like to get her something special but not sure what to do, as don’t want the other teacher feeling hard done by….at christmas they asked if the teacher gifts were charity gifts which was fine but now that this is the real say goodbye time i’d like to get them a gift…

so suggestions welcome…advice needed….

Jedt
    Keymaster

I got bath products – really nice yummy ones as my son’s teacher does not drink alcohol (I found this out after I gave her a bottle of wine for Christmas!)

I do think there is pressure on parents to do this so parents should not feel they have to give anything and if they do, it should only be something small.

Tesco have great prices on boxes of chocolates at the moment – they had Thornton’s for half price last week so you could pick up something small in there.

Hope that helps

Yvonne

I think its a nice idea to give the teacher something… last year and again this year, all of my DD’s class are giving money and we will get her a voucher… it went down a treat last year! She probably gets loads of the usual frames, candles etc… so nice to give her something that she can use on herself….

mammycool
    Participant

Amazing – this is all new to me. My ds is in playschool – is this expected at the end of the year? There are 3 teachers for his group.

I know at my kids’ school some parents give presents at the summer break but quite alot don’t, I always give them presents for Christmas. This summer I’ll be giving a present as my son’s leaving to go to Secondary School, and I did when my dd moved to the bigger classroom and to a new teacher.

I’m going to give them some of my personalised "Thank You Teacher" chocolate bars this year.

anon41

I usually get the kids to make a card and send in a nice big creamy cake for them to have with a cuppa (teachers that is not kids).Having worked in schools a cake is always welcome but smellies,ornaments etc tend to gounused as everyone has their own favourites and there is a limit to how many "best teacher" bits you will put in your sitting room.

Taylor5

I know at my kids’ school some parents give presents at the summer break but quite alot don’t, I always give them presents for Christmas. This summer I’ll be giving a present as my son’s leaving to go to Secondary School, and I did when my dd moved to the bigger classroom and to a new teacher.

I’m going to give them some of my personalised "Thank You Teacher" chocolate bars this year.

how much are the chocolate bars??

My ds is in a playschool with 4 teachers and a SNT, there are only 20 odd kids, 3 full time teachers 1 part timer (one of their daughters) and the Special need teacher… i dont want to leave her out as she is a huge part of the kids lives, she just does what the other teachers do as she doesnt want to stand out.
    im getting a nice bottle of red wine for the owner, and im getting lovely sparkly key rings in the local chemist only 5 or 6 euro, something nice for the 5 of them and it wont break the bank….. dont want to leave any of them out as they all do an amazing job and he is leaving to go to big school, i have never gotten them a prezzie before as i say this is just because he is leaving this year

Hi Taylor5,

The keyrings are a lovely idea.

The chocolate bars are 1.20 euros each, plus P & P which isn’t much if it’s just for a couple of them.

You can see them here [url]http://www.mariaslittlewrappers.com[/url]

Can’t believe how quickly the holiday’s creeping up on us. 🙂

Taylor5

oh thats brilliant will order a few over the next few days, change of plan on keyrings… will get 5 bars and get 3 keyrings just for the full time staff…. just paid out nearly 800 today as my fridge broke… so now im broke too 😥 😥 😥

Taylor5

Took me AGES to find this post last night, well i ordered my bars for the teachers… thanks, should have orders another one for ds as im sure he will want to eat one himself 😆 😆 😆 Hope i have them for Friday

Hi,

I’ve sent you an email with the proofs of the wrappers. As soon as youlet me know if they’re okay, I’ll make them up and post them out to you.

Kind regards, Maria.

Taylor5

Thanks for sending this havent checked my emails in DAYS!!!! God they are stunning… im more then delighted, cant wait to see his little face when he sees them

yummymummy

Got my ds teacher a lovely sparkly keyring too with her intial on it. She is only a young one and Im sure she will like, if not then nowt I can do about it, its the thought that counts.

Taylor5

Yeah the key rings are a great idea…… we have a diamond cross and a cat 🙄

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.