paying for playschool during easter break

Home Forums National Chat paying for playschool during easter break

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    noeleenw

just wondering do other playschools charge for the easter break even though playschool will be closed , we have to pay for the 2 weeks , now i could just about live with paying for 1 week but for the 2 weeks is a bit much

Happymammy

I dont have to pay. I am running a camp for the two weeks of easter and all the parents are the same they are not paying for their children to be off montessorri/creche.

Some schools have different policies and they still have to pay their staff while on their holidays. Its very harsh i think. 🙂

yummymummy

my afterschool place doesnt close over easter, it runs camps, but at the x mas holidays it closes for 2 weeks and we have to pay €30 for them weeks.
    i really dont mind as the staff have to get paid you know. but i would kick up a fuss say if i paid €150 a week and they still wanted me to pay that even though cos they are closed i will have to find other arrangements and pay for that also!

Happymammy

Thats exactly it, having to pay for two services. Very expensive two weeks holiday if you have to work full time and pay a childminder.

Gismo

The creche is only closed paddy’s day good friday and easter monday so we still have to pay full whack but I am glad he is in the place as he is getting on great. But would be a different story if I was taking him out of it for two weeks.

munchin
    Participant

i haven’t any experience with playshcools but most creches charge 52weeks of the year, i know we pay regardless of whether e is in or not as she’s fulltime.
    Our creche officially only close on Bank hols. They did a survey for Xmas hols & for Good Fridayand as demand didn’t require them to open they were closed.

yummymummy

I also must add that my ds only goes to afterschhol every 3rd week (as his dad does a late shift) and i have to pay €30 for the weeks he is not there, does annoy me sometimes but it also gives me peace of mind that if anything cropped up with his dad work wise the weeks he picks him up form school, that the after school is there to pick him up!

Its all money money money, wish my ma was retired LOL

ed1
    Participant

when jason was in playschool we only had to pay for holidays that we took. if the playschool was closed for easter, christmas etc then we did not have to pay. i have to say i would not like to have to pay when it was not my decision to take time off.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That does strike me as a little strange! At my dd’s one they tell you when you sign up that they only close a week over Christmas (which you don’t pay for) and you can take a weeks holiday when you want which you don’t pay for but all other weeks must be paid. I haven’t heard of having to pay when the place is closed though.

rossylisa

when jason was in playschool we only had to pay for holidays that we took. if the playschool was closed for easter, christmas etc then we did not have to pay. i have to say i would not like to have to pay when it was not my decision to take time off.

thats the way my dd playschool was

yummymummy

aw but u see girls them creches might have factored into the weekly price that they would be closing for 2 weeks so u still paying for 52 weeks if you get me!!!

Happymammy

I think at the end of the day, the demand is there and if you want to have your child in montessorri etc then you will pay. Afterall this country gives nothing to cover childcare costs so whatever the price is unfortunately we have to pay or else we would have no jobs and therefore would have no homes etc etc its a merry go round. 🙄 But im thrilled with dd montessorri so if they did want payment i think even though it would annoy me to have to pay it i would just to keep her place.

noeleenw

there’s been a change of heart we only have to pay for 1 week now !!!! we had to pay at hallowe’en too, but didnt have to pay at xmas. Think its a bit harsh on the parents who have to make alternative childcare arrangements for this time . Although all being said dd loves this school had to take her out of last one as she hated it

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s good new for you. I think Yummy is right, they probably do all charge roughly the same per year, it must just hit your pocket hard to have to pay for creche and holiday entertainment at the same time instead of having it spread out.

Out of interest, what do people do for childcare when a creche closes over holidays? Are there enough holiday clubs?Or do people take leave? I am thinking of going back to work and have no fam. here so this is very topical for me.

yummymummy

well my after school only closes at x mas so its not really a problem for me as i have that week off!!!

as for easter and mid term, i tend to take a week off here or there so as to not be putting him in the playschool, when hes not at school!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.