Nerves starting to kick in…

Home Forums National Chat Nerves starting to kick in…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I am going back to work in 8 days aghhhh!…….i really dont know where the time has gone.when i go back i will have been off for 9 months.

I suppose I’m nervous about how Hailey will be without me.she is going to be in creche 2 days a week,with her grandad one day,& then a mixture of me on a day & her dad on another day.

Its weird as I just dont know how i feel about it all….any advice from those that have been through it would be great thanks

Jedt
    Keymaster

It gets easier! The first few weeks are tough but you’ll settle in to a routine and soon you will all be ok. She will miss you and you will miss her but you’ll get through it.

Its normal to be nervous and to not want to leave her – I think most mammies feel that way!

Best of luck – hope it goes smoothly. x

lyn11

First few weeks are tough. Just try be as organised as you can and have bags packed, clothes left out and food/lunches ready the night before, much easier than running around in the morning. I was so tired for the first few weeks but it does get better and I settled as I saw ds settle.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was asked to leave her in the creche for an hour today (up until now,i have been just going out of the room for 5-10 minutes) I was very nervous leaving.when i got back her minder said that she had cried but she had managed to calm her down after 10 minutes.when Hailey saw me she burst out crying & put her arms out to me to be lifted up,it kind off broke my heart as she had obviously thought i had just left her & disappeared……as you all say im sure it will get easier for both of us in time.Over the next few days i have to leave her for 2-3 hours stints in the creche….hopefully there will be less tears

Anonymous
    Inactive

Back to work tomorrow….i feel sick to my stomach everytime i think of it.Hailey still isnt exactly LOVING creche,there have been a fair amount of tears shed on her behalf,i reckon she thinks im abandoning her.hopefully she will love it before too long.

libby1
    Participant

Don’t fret = Best of Luck tomorrow..

I am the other side of you, we finished with our babyminder this year my dd is 11 and my ds is 14. Time fly’s by.. Enjoy it all

She will be fine once she settles it. I always rember my first day back on both, the tears etc..

Thinking of you tomorrow.
    x

munchin
    Participant

it does get easier and once Hailey settles (which is different for every child) she will be fine – my dd1 is 5.5yrs old and talks so much and fondly of her time in creche and she’s left over a yr!
    think someone said it already but the more organised re lunches/bags etc you are the better – i used to pick out 5 outfits for dd1 on a sunday night and that was her for the week 😆 , my pair at home with daddy now but i still make sure clothes are laid out when they go to be every night.
    Good luck – it’s not easy but it will be ok xo

Jedt
    Keymaster

It can take up to 6 weeks to settle into a routine with creche and getting her settled so don’t despair if she is unhappy when you leave her for the first few weeks. its hard at the start but honestly it does get easier.

Hope its going ok for you. x

Taylor5

Good luck tomorrow, its hard to believe that Hailey is going to Creche!!! We all feel like she is part of us here on MT, we travelled her journey and now she is a big girl and going to creche.

After talking to most mams, its harder on the mammy then it is on baby… Good luck and dont get upset and fret, be happy give her a big kiss and a smile and let her think your "delighted" she is going to creche….. then roar crying in the car all the way to work! While she will be having a ball making new friends and playing away, you will collect her and wonder why you were worried and upset x

happymumblemum
    Participant

How did it go?

I am sure you were more upset than Hailey.

Its hard to see where the time goes on Maternity isn’t it..

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for all your kind words…this moring wasnt exactly sucessful.when i was leaving she was bawling her head off,i managed to hold it together till i got to the car & then shed a few tears!.

They rang me a few hours later to say she had had a few tears but she was doing fine had had a bottle & a sleep.they said i could ring in the afternoon but one of my colleagues said its not a good idea to ring as if they say she is upset or crying there is nothing you can do about it & it will just upset you so i will just see her when i get home as my partner is collecting her (hes leaving work a bit early to get her)…will let you know how it goes

Taylor5

That was nice of them to ring and let you know she was okay, im glad it went well…. it was a big day for both of you so a big glass of vino is called for

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well Hailey survived the day!….they did say she shed a fair amount of tears but she managed to play aswell,so hopefully there will be less tears tomorrow.She wouldnt really eat any food for them & she drank an extra bottle that she would normally have in the daytime….but all in all i think it was a sucess.

I have to say I am wrecked tired It has been so long since I have talked to so many adults during the day ( i deal with the public in my job) I had forgotten how tiring it is!….tomorrow is another day…like you all have suggested Im going to start preparation for the am shortly.

Taylor5

Delighted for you, it was good for a first day x

libby1
    Participant

Glad it went well for you. Was thinking of you today x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.