My Laptop has died – can anyone help?

Home Forums Yummy Mummy to Practical Parenting! My Laptop has died – can anyone help?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    trixiebell
    Participant

Girls, dunno what to do, my laptop has just stopped workin, all my photos for the last 4 years are on there, can anyone help, or does anyone know how someone who can fix laptops, I could cry my eyes out if I have lost all my photos :(

rossylisa

HEY trixi why dont ya get in touch with HMM her dp fixes computers

trixiebell
    Participant

Thanks Rosylisa, I have just sent her a message.

munchin
    Participant

hey trixie if hmm can’t help i’d take it to a store alright to see if they can at least salvage photos
    dh only said to me the other day that i should be burning the photos onto a cd aswell incase something happenede – better get my finger out and do it!

Yvonne

We bought an external hard drive in Aldi the other week, its was €110 and we have now backed up all photos as I would die if I lost them! So definitely something to invest in…

Taylor5

I have an external hard drive too, dh demands I back everything up… we even save to disc, but havent done it in ages 😳

trixiebell
    Participant

well laptop is knackered but thanks to HMM dp, they have managed to salvage all my files and photos, I am so happy. Lesson learnt, make sure I back up everything from now on 😯 I dont know what I would have done as all our family memories were on that laptop.

[size=150]Thanks again to HMM and her DP 🙂 😀 [/size]

Taylor5

Ah thats great trixie

happymumblemum
    Participant

girls a word of warning about external hard drives and storing your photos on them…they are quite fragile and do not have a long life span so they are a very poor way to keep you memories safe….better to burn photos on to a disc or better still use an online storage system such as picassa.

http://www.picassa.com

any other lap top probs let us know and we give u a quote 😉

Yvonne

Will definitely check that site out, sounds great!

ed1
    Participant

my old laptop died just before christmas last year and i lost everything. my brother and his friend who fixes pc’s looked at it and i couldnt save anything. all my photos were on it too although i did have some on a disc. he has been at me since then to get the external hardrive.

just went into that site but it seems to be about houses in north madrid. (but then thats me translating) could be something different.

there is an online storage my brother uses for his photos. its http://www.pbase.com
    i think you might have to pay for this though.

happymumblemum
    Participant

sorry it is http://picasa.google.com/ whoops……

it is the best one out there 😆

ed do u still have lap top which died do u want my dp to have alook?

ed1
    Participant

Thanks hmm but i have gotten rid of it. thanks anyway.

yummymummy

i use photbox but its so slow, so all my pics are stored on a usb key!!!!!!

happymumblemum
    Participant

😯 😯 😯 😯 😯

yikes yummy thats the worst ever if that fecks up you are doomed completely, even worse than a lap top dying …..get them up on picassa it is brilliant

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.