morning sickness

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    joeyrudd

ok so its been 6yrs since my last baby and i’ve never had morning sickness before so how did you all deal with it, i’m very early on so not telling many people yet :)

the sickness isn’t too bad yet but its just incase it gets worse

thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

Huge Congratulations on your happy news. I found plain things the best rich tea biscuits, crackers, ginger nuts, toast- all the usual things I think. im sure others will have other tips for you.

joeyrudd

thanks haileysmum, i’m here nibbling on toast at the moment, it seems worse in the evening

thanks again

lil92

congratulations!! Great news!

I use to find the same as haileysmum dry crackers and biscuits in the morning, only sips of water. I use to get very sick at night, eating little and often kind of worked the best never getting to hungry or too full but sometimes i found no matter what i did i just had to get sick, not much help sorry.

joeyrudd

congratulations!! Great news!

I use to find the same as haileysmum dry crackers and biscuits in the morning, only sips of water. I use to get very sick at night, eating little and often kind of worked the best never getting to hungry or too full but sometimes i found no matter what i did i just had to get sick, not much help sorry.

every bit of info is helpful, thank you

chewieodie
    Participant

Reeling here in shock! Oh My Goodness…… Congratulations! xxx

Ginger biccies…. (they seem to take away the nausea…. the ginger seems to cancel it out)…
    I literally had a packet of biscuits next to the bed…. and I would nibble one before I even lifted my head from the pillow in the morning…. 😉

Also…. eating, little and often…. don’t ever let yourself "get hungry", cos that’s when it will hit you.

And lastly…. I used the sickness bands…. I believe that they helped me immensely…. 😉

joeyrudd

Reeling here in shock! Oh My Goodness…… Congratulations! xxx

Ginger biccies…. (they seem to take away the nausea…. the ginger seems to cancel it out)…
    I literally had a packet of biscuits next to the bed…. and I would nibble one before I even lifted my head from the pillow in the morning…. 😉

Also…. eating, little and often…. don’t ever let yourself "get hungry", cos that’s when it will hit you.

And lastly…. I used the sickness bands…. I believe that they helped me immensely…. 😉

thanks, you think you’re in shock 😆

chewieodie
    Participant

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

xxx

You’ll be grand…. you are an old hand at this stage! xx

joeyrudd

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

xxx

You’ll be grand…. you are an old hand at this stage! xx

thanks 😀

Jedt
    Keymaster

Congrats Joey! That’s fabulous news!

Its hard going when you feel sick but I second what chewie suggested, ginger does help. Gingernut biscuits, ginger crystals from the health store.

I also used to eat liquorice laces. The motion of chewing actually helped me not feel so sick. I don’t know why, but it seemed to work! And I don’t really like liquorice laces but I was hooked on them when pregnant

Also, sleep helps. Try to take a nap when the kids have gone to school. When you are asleep, you don’t feel sick!

Sleep your way through the first 12 weeks and then hopefully, it will cease and you’ll be ok.

So excited for you!!!!

joeyrudd

we’ve been having work done on the house for over a week so no naps yet but been going to bed early and trying to sleep
    i have found boiled sweets are helping a bit so far and water
    but as soon as i wake during the night the nausea hits

thanks for the congrats i’m hoping everything will be ok
    my mil is not too happy but i don’t care

Jedt
    Keymaster

As long as you and hubby are happy, that’s all that matters. It is no-one elses business how many children you have.

I remember when I was pregnant on our 4th baby, I as apprehensive about telling people incase they were negative about us having so many children but actually, most people were lovely about it.

Try to get as many naps in as you can and hope to see you next Tuesday in Bagel Bar, will bring some little bits along you. x

joeyrudd

As long as you and hubby are happy, that’s all that matters. It is no-one elses business how many children you have.

I remember when I was pregnant on our 4th baby, I as apprehensive about telling people incase they were negative about us having so many children but actually, most people were lovely about it.

Try to get as many naps in as you can and hope to see you next Tuesday in Bagel Bar, will bring some little bits along you. x

thanks, i’m just worried about how a close friend will take it, she’s starting ivf next month

munchin
    Participant

ohhhhhh huge congratulations joey – brilliant news

Don’t worry too much about your friend – she will be upset BUT at the same time happy for you xoxo

I agree with all that’s been said – eat something before you lift your head of the pillow and eat little and often – I used to carry a packet of ginger biscuits in my bag – I was grand 99% of time but if I got hungry (and it would hit fast) I felt ridiculously sick

Congratulations and enjoy xoxo

Yvonne

Congratulations Joey! xxx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.