Morning sickness remedies??

Home Forums Pregnancy, Mums2Be, Birth, New Parents Morning sickness remedies??

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

Did anyone ever find a good remedyfor morning sickness?

Ginger helped me a little but really, nothing actually made it go away. I used to chew on red liquorice laces too and they helped while I was eating them. I think it was the motion of chewing that actually helped ease the nausea but once they were gone, the sickness came back. The best way I can describe how I felt was like being stuck on a boat in a storm and suffering sea sickness, with a hangover!!! :shock: :shock:

It can be so overwhelming – if anyone has any good tips for settling it please share. I am sure mums-to-be will appreciate any tips.

(and no, I am not pregnant!! But a friend of mine is and is sick as a dog :) the poor mare!)

Anonymous
    Inactive

We had a mum suffering terrible with this at our parent & baby event today so if anyone has any good remedies, please share. I think she would appreciate it 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

I used to find rich tea biscuits helped.

my sister said that if she ate before she got out of bed in the morning it helped so her husband would bring her a yop & some fruit or something & that way she could get up without being sick.

I think everyone probably has different cures that worked for them but maybe its a individual thing.

Hope she feels better soon

munchin
    Participant

thankfully i didn’t get it bad but i used to get really bad nausea – wasn’t sick just felt like i would be – like haileysmam sister something small to eat before i actually got up always helpped and eating little and often – if i let myself get hungry i didn’t feel hungry i felt sick! i used to carry packet of rich tea biscuits in my bag – that and my galviscon ha ha

Hightower

Im 8 weeks and ive been taking cariban 10mg my doc prescribed them for me. Ive had hyperemesis my last 3 pregnancies. Im very tired but no vomiting and the nausea is under control. I put vicks inside my nose also to help with my hypersensitive smeller.
    The drug is 100% completely safe in pregnancies as it has been extensively researched it is better known as diclectin. Hope this helps, morning sickness ruins early pregnancy for me. I try stay positive because every pregnancy is a blessing but when your feeling crappy all the time its hard to be happy. It eases off at 16 weeks for me thank god and then i can start to somewhat get my energy levels back and start to nourish my body again.

Jedt
    Keymaster

I’d be terrified taking a drug for morning sickness after what happened with all the babies who were born with …it usually only lasts from week 5 or 6 to week 12 or 13 so its not that bad. It can be all consuming and does make you feel scatty and wrecked but knowing it will pass was what got me through it each time.

I did not have any morning sickness on the two babies we lost through miscarriage so I always associated the sickness with having a strong baby and that was another thing that helped me cope with it.

Its a pain for sure but my thinking was, better to have it than not (for me anyway personally because of our 2 miscarriages)

For anyone in the middle of it just think….this too shall pass!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Actually there is none but yes chewing something can really help. When I was pregnant with my daughter my doctor advised me to eat candy especially lemon flavored so that I won’t have a hard time. I also wanted to share with you a site that could help you calculate your baby’s due date and more. http://www.babyduedatecalculator.net/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.