Love/Hate on RTE

Home Forums Movies, TV, Books & Entertainment Love/Hate on RTE

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Did anyone else watch this on Sunday night? It was pretty strong stuff but really well acted and well put together. Some of the guys in it are so scary – makes you think about what’s going on in Ireland at the moment. Its a bit like the Sopranos in Dublin

Anonymous
    Inactive

they said on the radio today that they got 17 complaints about the show,i didnt see it myself but it sounded pretty graphic.

bubblesue

I only got to watch it last night. I had heard talk about it but to be honest, the scenes weren’t really that graphic. I wasmore surprised that after all that drink, someone could pull up at a garda checkpoint and not arouse suspician 😆

That and the fact that the reg plate on the lexus changed a few times during the episode! 😆

Taylor5

I dont watch it but my mam does, i heard a lot of people on the Radio yesterday giving out about it, i only caught bits but was there a rape in the programme?
    How did they find such a rough looking bunch of actors, i might start watching it and give it a chance

Jedt
    Keymaster

The acting is superb, they come across as real dangerous feckers that you would not want to run into. I said that to my husband about the drink driving too – must not apply to criminals!!

misemammy3

I absolutely love it. This is the 3rd season and it is getting better. Yeah a bit too graphic but its not showing whats not happening in the country on a day to day basis.

Its like the saying "sweep it under the carpet". Thats like Ireland, if you cant see it then its not there – Love/Hate is only showing what we wont admit too.

Brilliant acting 🙂

Best thing on Irish TV in a long time.

Jedt
    Keymaster

To be fair, they warn at the start of the programme that it is very violent and graphic, so anyone watching was warned it might be offensive and could have switched off….

fantastic acting – that Danner charachter is so scary, the guy just out of jail, he is a brilliant actor. I would be crossing the street if I saw him coming!

misemammy3

Do you mean Fran???

Jedt
    Keymaster

Yeh – Franner – silly me!!! He is a scary fella….excellent actor!

MaryE

I just cant watch it, the music & the anticipation freak me out before the violence even happens. Im a complete wimp, i know but it just makes me feel rotten.

My dh loves it, says its the best irish programme in a long time. he was talking about that fran bloke too, saying he is such a good actor.

Taylor5

Well i watched it and yes a bit shocking, but not surprised by what is in it as you do read about this sort of thing in the papers… it is very well acted and hats off to RTE as its much better then the regular shite they broadcast, i watched last weeks on Saturday night and about 15 mins of last nights show, still a bit lost with who is who, but got an idea of what was going on

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.