List for christening??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    julymam

Trying to get organised for dd’s christening..going to do food ourselves just cold meats and salad and rolls but trying to think of everything we need..

so far this is what i have:

balloons
    napkins
    christening banners
    bowls for tables for peanuts, crisps
    basket for bread rolls

god thats all i have so far looks like nothing lol!!

i know i need plastic cutlery and plates but i jst cant think what else i’ll need :( any help greatly appreciated!
    julymam :D

Jedt
    Keymaster

plastic cups for the kids?
    games and activities for the kids?
    can you get a nice friend or relative to do a bit of face painting maybe?

have you sorted out your christening cake?

Sparklycake on here is fab and there is a new bakery in West st in Drogheda who make beautiful cakes too, called cake couture I think

hope that helps, good luck and enjoy!!

julymam

Thanks Sabbi, we’re actually having it in drogheda leisure pk so will be sending kids down 2 astrotots 🙂

I sent sparkly cake a pm thanks 🙂 and i went into that new cake shop on west st, the girl i was talking to wasn’t too sure about the cakes…said it’d cost 75euro for the cake i was looking for and then another 50 to decorate?!! i’m sure she was wrong but i’m not looking to spend too much anyway and their cakes are very detailed so i’m sure they’re out of my price range!

could do with getting a load of sweets and treats for the kids…

Jedt
    Keymaster

you can pick up sweets and treats and colouring books and knick knack toys in the euro shops around the town, have a browse and you’ll find some great bits for a couple of euros.

julymam

Will do Sabbi thanks again 😉

Yvonne

Spoons/tongs to pick up the food…, butter for the rolls (or pre butter them)
    Heatons do good prices on helium balloons, and the Card Shop beside Penneys on West Street aswell…

Coulter & Black near Tullyallen do fab cakes, very reasonable too!

julymam

Thanks Yvonne, Spoons/tongs great idea i wouldnt have thought of!
    Think i’m gonna get the cake in the Moorland, its not too dear and dont need anything too fancy 🙂

murkav

the candle!!! ive had three christenings now, and forgotten the candle EVERY single time!!!
    best of luck with it all 😀

Taylor5

THE BABY!!!! 😆 😆 😆

I got my huge christening cake in Coulter and black out in tullyallen, it was only 40 euro and it was lovely… you cant bet them for their cakes

julymam

haha of course nearly forgot about the baby!!! thats great price for cake taylor what type cake was it?
    thanks murkav, we used our wedding candle for ds so gonna use that again 🙂

Taylor5

i think it was a 14 inch chocolate cake, it was so nice, had white chocolate on top and white roses, lovely against the chocolate butter icing…. a cream one would have been cheaper, the chocolate one is a bit dearer

julymam

sounds really good thanks taylor might check them out if i can get out before christening 🙂

happymumblemum
    Participant

Yum!!!

A camera 😀 😀 😀

Yvonne

Do check out Coulter and Black… they are fab and do great decorating on them… my DS’ one had a baby all snuggled up under a blanket, very cute I thought! It was a sponge with cream, and was only €30, that was a 10"…

julymam

thats brill Yvonne, was gonna get a pretty plain one wit jst writing for 27euro so that one u got sounds lovely for only couple euro extra…whereabouts is it?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.