Lent – are you giving anything up??

Home Forums National Chat Lent – are you giving anything up??

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    pixie71

My daughter wouldnt ever stick to giving up anything no matter how much we tried with her, she is fifteen now!

Ive decided that I will give up wine and puddings this year!

Hopefully it will help me loose the belly!
    🙂

Jedt
    Keymaster

I missed chocolate so much yesterday that I went to bed at 8.30pm with a book and 2 oat biscuits. I could not stay down without temptation getting the better of me so I went upstairs to avoid the kitchen altogether.

Not so bad today….though by tonight I might be like a demon on the rampage for a creme egg again….

I wanted to do something really healthy yesterday (and to take my mind off chocolate) so I walked/jogged down to the church to get some ash for AshWednesday (I don’t usually do it anymore but with my son making his communion, I am making an extra effort this year!). Anyway, it was drizzling so I popped rain cover on buggy and threw a manky raincoat on me and off me and baby went. It over 2 miles each way and by time I got there I was wet, tired and really in need of a quick rest – but the church was CLOSED!! I could not believe it. All that way for nothing, could not even get in to light a candle!

So off home we trudged, with more wind & rain. Was about 4.5 miles in all. At least it was goodexercise…. 😳

Taylor5

yes munchin its 5 days longer this year, my bil posted up on facebook… seems that this jesus fella got a 5 days extension on his visa im taking 2 days off for paddys day!!! 😆 😆 😆

ah you had good intentions…. stick your hand into the fire and rub a bit some ash on your head 😆 😆 😆

Mark Acu

Lent is five days longer 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥

http://Www.MarkBellAcupuncture.com

Jedt
    Keymaster

really, this is only day 2 and I cannot stop thinking about Dairy Milk bars and creme eggs….

I am going to stand looking at the Easter eggs tomorrow in the supermarket and salivate at them!! Like the nutter that I am as I am coming down from a sugar high!

I just opened the fridge and there are snickers bars in there. I usually go the grocery shopping in our house but my hubby was in the shop and brought home snickers bars. I love them. This is torturous. Wish these cravings would stop already!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.