Knee Injury….HSE incompetence….so fed up!!!

Home Forums Exercise, Nutrition, Health Issues & illness Knee Injury….HSE incompetence….so fed up!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Delighted to hear you have some good news at last, fingers & everything else crossed for you that the date you get is very soon.

PS….i don’t think you have been moany about this at all- you have been put in a very frustrating situation and i think you are being great about it x

munchin
    Participant

Ah sabbi delighted you’re finally getting somewhere and fair play for keeping at them until you got a plan in place. Hopefully not too long to wait. Well not too much longer I should say.

And I agree I don’t think you’ve been a moan….totally understand your frustration

Jedt
    Keymaster

Still waiting on any word from them about the next step. The doc last week said he would dictate a letter and that now the doctors are in agreement about the next step, which is surgery, that it should happen soon.

My head is melted but I feel good knowing that things are finally happening. I am in so much pain since the steroid injection. I have shooing pains down my shin and up the back of my thigh. Its horrid. I am not sleeping much since I had that tbh.

I do think the surgery should have happened a year ago and if I had 6,000 to spend I would have went private long before but. But hopefully I’ll get an appointment soon.

Fingers crossed.

Jedt
    Keymaster

So, the hospital called me yesterday about my consultants request to put me on the surgery list and they said that will hopefully contact me with my appointment date soon. Apparently, the person who gives out the appointments was off yesterday, so they could not give me any idea about a date.

I don’t mean to be churlish – but why did they even call me then? They don’t know when it will be. They could not give me an approx time or date because the person responsible was out. They had no new information at all to tell me. It seems that if one person is off the whole place comes to a standstill.

I thanked them for calling and asked if they had any idea of when it might be and they said nope, not a dickey bird. I wanted to ask, ‘why did you call me then?’ but as I am hoping to get a date for this long awaited surgery soon, I was as nice as pie. Confused but nice!!!

I despair for the HSE. It is so mismanaged its laughable. Well, it would be laughable if it didn’t have such a negative effect on peoples lives.

munchin
    Participant

isn’t it a joke

i had my dd in temple street for an eye check – it was booked as a double appointment (where she sees 2 doctors and gets eye drops) i even emailed the week before to make sure it was still a double – had taken day of work……….got to temple street only to be told it was a single and we were out within 20mins!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    on the plus side i got to spend the day with dd but on the frustrating side -i’m going to have to keep a day off to take her for the double app when it does come up!!!!!!!!!

Jedt
    Keymaster

It is a disaster, especially when you have to take time off work and they don’t do what they said they would.

I got a call the other day and my knee surgery will take place next Wednesday 16th November. They are going to do keyhole surgery and will scrape out any excess cartilage build up and will flush out the knee, to clean it up and hopefully my kneecap will sit back into the knee in a better position then. I am nervous but after 18 months of pain every day, I am glad I am finally getting it done.

They called me yesterday and went through everything with me and it looks like I should be in that morning and out that afternoon. Fingers crossed. I have to bring a an overnight bag with me but hopefully won’t need it.

I am working like a madwoman this week, have 4 meetings on Thursday and loads to do before next Wednesday so that I can work from home for a week after the op to rest and recuperate. That’s the plan anyhow….

munchin
    Participant

oh best of luck sabbi – delighted you’re been seen to and fingers crossed all goes well for you – will be thinking of you xoxo

Yvonne

Best of luck Sabbi xx

Jedt
    Keymaster

Feeling a bit nervous now. They rang me and went through about a hundred questions about the surgery and now I am scrubbing off my nail polish in preparation!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

so glad you have got a date at last, will keep everything crossed for you that it all goes well for you

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.