kids disco after mocks

Home Forums Louth Chat kids disco after mocks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Hennypenny

hi
    does anybody have any feedback on the kids disco that was held in shooters on friday night. i know that it was a once off venue. i did allow my soon to be 15 year old to go but was a bit concerned at the amount of kids that was allowed into shooters, she said that their was no room to dance. also their was a few drunk kids hanging around outside. what do you think of these discos.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I know the lad that was doing dj on the night…sounds like it was well organised. They had met with the gardai etc. and gardai were there for some time on the night too. Sounds like a lot of teenagers showed up and the venue couldnt hold them all so many were turned away I heard. He is a young lad, starting out as a dj, and this was his first official gig. It went really well by the sounds of it. Last I heard they are looking at a bigger venue tohold the next one.

On a funny note, one of the gardai thought it was someone well known doing dj by the crowds…. :lol:…the young lad was chuffed, seen as it was his first gig.

I have a young daughter myself and am always concerned by maybe young people showing up with drink etc. but then I would drop my daughter down and collect her. Some kids are obviously getting drink, and time to drink it somewhere…….but people on the door watch out for this, far as I know. Again, if its a non-alcoholic teenage disco I think responsibility is with parents to know where there children are before and after these events.

Hennypenny

ohh thanks for that, my kid did say that the dj was the best she ever heard, and that the music was great. i also droped her and 3 of her friends to the door [ they were mortified ] and picked tham up, i found the best thing to do was collect tham 10 mins early so that your not cought up in a crowd.
    hope they get a bigger venue as they really do enjoy the disco.

Anonymous
    Inactive

its a tough one, give them some freedom and yet protect them at the same time. Think your doing what I do, give them the freedom but make sure you drop them, collect them etc. From what I hear the gardai are part of the plans and they make their presence known. At first this puts me off but with hindsight probably a good idea to let the kids know its all above board etc.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.