Homebirths – why so many restrictions???

Home Forums Pregnancy, Mums2Be, Birth, New Parents Homebirths – why so many restrictions???

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

The HSE are doing my head in about home births. :twisted: They seem to be trying to put every possible obstacle in the way of women who want to have their babies at home in Ireland.

In other countries there is much more support for home births and given that home births have repeatedly and constantly been proven to be ‘safer’ than hospital births, it is amazing that the HSE makes it so difficult for women.

There is not one statistic ever to prove that homebirths are unsafe. Of course the woman having the baby needs to be healthy and have a suitable environment for giving birth but aside from that, there is no legitimate reason to make it so hard.

I think the HSE should be supporting women and not restricting them. This new idea that there needs to be 2 midwives for a homebirth is ludacris. I didn’t even have 2 midwives when I was in hospital having my daughter – I was left to fend for myself most of the time tbh and could not get an epidural because they were too busy and could not get a private room (despite paying for it) because it was to busy and even when I was in labour, I had to wait in a corridor for a delivery room when I was 4-5cm dilated because it was so busy!! It was just as well my husband was there to support me, it was a total nightmare.

Typical HSE – the maternity services are crippled and the hospitals are over crowded and they want to bring more people into the hospital system.

Its true that common sense is not that common.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi there, I am so sorry for what happened with your first time giving birth and the experience at the hospital. I think not all of the hospitals are like that, maybe you should research for other hospitals that are good with their patients, if you are having a hard time getting the legal thing to give birth at home.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.