Holidaying in Ireland with small kids – Any suggestions?

Home Forums ASK THE EXPERT Travel & Holiday Expert Holidaying in Ireland with small kids – Any suggestions?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    MaryE

Want to plan a holiday, need something to look forward too.

Looking for somewhere in Ireland that is suitable for kids 1 & 4 – any suggestions?

Im thinking that self catering would probably be the best with the kids but would like the comforts & facilities of a hotel – Anyone know any self catering options on the grounds of a hotel? Think we will need the play grounds, kids club, swimming pool etc.

Or maybe even a hotel, if it was a suite/ apartment – i dont want us all sharing just one bedroom or we will all have to go to bed at 7pm with dd. :(

Dont really want to travel too far, so three hours max journey from Drogheda. Maybe the west, as have a few relatives down there, that we could visit along the way.

Anyway, sorry for going on, thinking out loud really.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

misemammy3

I would recommend Trabolgan in Cork. I wentwith my 3 kids 2 years ago and they were 6, 4 and 1 at the time. We had a ball. Had our own little cottage which was great as we could come and go as we pleased.

Really great place for kids and so safe too. Plenty to keep them occupied.
    You should check it out.

😀

libby1
    Participant

http://www.justgo.ie
    Have greatdeals at the moment especially for over easter

Check hotels with Creche or Kids Club – give you me time

MaryE

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah, we were in trabolgan last year & kids enjoyed it alright, good suggestion but i wouldnt mind going somehwere different.

Just joined up to Justgo.ie newsletter, so maybe i will see somethng there.

mammycool
    Participant

The Quality Hotel in Clonakilty has self catering houses and some appartments. You get all the facilities of the hotel – swimming pool, playground, cinema, kids club(July and August), baby sitting service and you have the space of a house.

The Clifden Station House – Galway – this has self catering appartments – two or three bedroom. You still have the facilities of the hotel which include a swimming pool, fitness room, playroom, kids clubs(July & August) and cinema. I stayed there two years ago in September – which was too late – there are lots of things going on in the area for kids during the school holidays but very quiet after that. There are lots of parks around and lots of touristy things to do.

I think there are a few more hotels around the country that offer these sorts of services.

I have done self catering the last few years and definately tops a squashed hotel rooom – with one room for 4!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.