Have you ever been sexually harassed?

Home Forums National Chat Have you ever been sexually harassed?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

If you think about it, I’l bet most of you have – at least once in your life if not more – been sexually harassed.

Think about bosses you’ve had…..colleagues you’ve worked with….drunk men you’ve met on a night out.

Have any of them ever touched you in a way you felt uncomfortable with? Have any of them said anything to you that made you feel uneasy?

With all these allegations coming out against sleezy movie producer Harvey Weinstein, about how he took advantage of and apparently raped some actresses, I am sadly not at all surprised by it.

I am not surprised he tried it on with so many women, including high profile actresses like Angelina Jolie and Gwyneth Paltrow. I am not surprised he’s been at it for years and years and getting away with it.

Why? Because he is rich and powerful and men like him DO get away with these things.

He is 65 now and only being accused and questioned for the first time and he’s been at it for 30 years at least. Its disgusting.

I have been sexually harassed many times in my life.

When I was 15 I had a part time job in a take-away. I worked weekends with some of my friends and it was an ‘open secret’ that you didn’t go into the kitchen on your own when the boss man was in there because he would try to feel you up. We used to watch out for each other and we used to warn new staff (always girls) to watch out for him.

Even worse than him was his brother in law, he was creepy sleazy little man and I despised him. I had the misfortune of being the only Blonde working there and he used to leer at me and rub past me and ‘accidentally’ touch me when he walked by me.

Looking back on it, I should have reported him or told my parents or done something but I didn’t know what to do. It seemed to me that this kind of thing happened all the time and it was kind of the norm.

Now I have daughters, I hope they won’t have to deal with this kind of crap as they start jobs and go through their lives but I fear, it may still be happening….

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.