Grange Rath

Home Forums Louth Chat Grange Rath

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    yummymummy

Pity there no "like" button on here like there is with facebook as ^^^^^ would get plenty of them from me hahaha

Yvonne

Don’t know how I missed this thread aswell!

Unfortunately estates do get a name when the have a certain crowd living in them, but it doesn’t reflect on everyone… and if you only have dealings with those, it will put you off a place.

Bryanstown, I know very little of it, so cannot comment on it… My SIL lived in Martello for a while and it was really nice there.
    I don’t think it should really matter what other people think, if you like the houses and the environment, then go for it.. as Yummy said earlier, you cannot pick your neighbours, that is definitely out of your control!

Anyway, hope you do find somewhere nice to live!!

Taylor5

Have to laugh as one of the posters on here who is giving out about people slagging estates and people being racist actually warned me off a certain Drogheda Estate many years ago when we were looking to buy in Drogheda on a completely different web site. And I definately know its her as I have spoken to her about it since.

The estate she warned me against was Termon Abbey and she called it Vermin Abbey in her reply many years ago …I am sure she wasn’t talking about the rats 🙄

I do remember that post HMM, but thats okay for that poster to write that, its kind of do as i say not as i do kinda thing….. nobody ate the head off her or made a personal attack on her, it was "oh, thanks for the heads up" iykwim
    As someone said to me today, if she had of posted "its a dump" nothing would have been said, its was the fact i posted it!!!! 😆 😆 😆 I dont agree, however its starting to feel like that 🙄 🙄 🙄

Oh and i still feel the same about the place, not going to change how i feel about somewhere to please others….

rossylisa

I live in termon abbey are you calling me vermon 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 ( only joking Hmm
    Its not wear you live its how you live. and like everywhere you will get arse holes and people up there own arse’s 😆 😆

Taylor5

I live in termon abbey are you calling me vermon 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 ( only joking Hmm
    Its not wear you live its how you live. and like everywhere you will get arse holes and people up there own arse’s 😆 😆

Are you calling me an Arsehole? 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

rossylisa

No taylor im only joking 😆 😆 😆 😆

Taylor5

No taylor im only joking 😆 😆 😆 😆

i know…. 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 I was expecting somethinglike "if the cap fits!"

Anyway Grange Rath is lovely, we kinda went a bit off topic 🙄 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

(sorry having a sugar rush/ funny half hour 😳 )

happymumblemum
    Participant

Do you remember the post Taylor? It was over on Eumom….maybe even before our "Drogheda" thread but correct me if I am wrong.

Listen I love people having mad crazy opinions thats what makes Internet Forums what they are, sometimes though it can feel as if you are villified (sp) for having your own feeelings especially if they don’t fit in with the norm..I know as it’s happened to me.

In this particular case though it peed me off to see someone getting snorty and high and mighty after they had told me the same thing about another place that they were getting hot under the collar from 6 years back.

Apologies Lisa 😆

Sure I have seen on plenty of threads on other places that Tullyallen is Dodge City!!!

If you read light Internet forums such as these then you gonna expect all manner of different responses.

The problem has always been with Mumstown that a lot of people know each other personally 😆

ArtyMum

My point is, and I re-itterate it, it is not acceptable to judge people because they are non nationals and don’t speak english or judge people because for whatever reason they cannot purchase a home, they are renting.

As for calling somewhere a dump, if you have not lived there how can you say how well the houses are built? I have been in my brothers house on many occassions and it is a lovely house, well built, warm and spacious too.

I seem to remember, not so long ago, a regular poster on here, in a ‘self named’ good estate complaining about the travelling community in their estate and nasty neighbours. It is only fair to say that in most estates now you will not like everyone, and not every house is purchased and not everyone takes care of their house like you do, this is true.

We will not all agree on a forum like this, never will, everyone has different opinions but racism and judging people because of their social or financial situations should never be acceptable and that’s not being pc, thats being reasonable imho.

Taylor5

Who judged anyone for renting and their social stand??? DID YOU NOT READ MY POSTS? Half my neighbours houses are rented, even the Travellers that live across the street, and i dont judge them and dont havea problem…. what the people residents both tennents and homeowners in Bryanstown manor have a problem with is the culture of people who rent in there, who drink 7 nights a week and have no regard for their neighbours… IF YOU WERE HONEST WOULD YOU WANT TO LIVE IN A PLACE LIKE THIS? EH NO!!!!
    AS I SAID I DID BUY A HOUSE BUILT BY THE SAME BUILDER AND AS I HAVE POSTED ON HERE BEFORE THEY WERE SO BADLY BUILT THAT WHEN WE WENT TO SELL OUR HOUSES WE COULDNT AS THE MAIN DIVIDING WALL/FIRE WALL BETWEEN MY HOUSE AND THE HOUSE NEXT DOOR DIDNT REACH THE APEX OF THE ROOF…. WE COULD SHAKE HANDS WITH THE NEIGHBOURS 😆 😆 😆 😆 If the neighbour farted never mind i could hear it but the walls so thin i could almost smell it! The builder vanished and we found him in his new site Bryanstown, we had meetings on this site and the houses were built the very same, when told about the problems he said "well if you dont want to buy a house like this someone else will"

As for the travellers who want to settle down fair play to them, but in my case its a case of I’D RATHER NOT ON MY DOORSTEP FOR ALL YOU PC PEOPLE DONT POST ON HERE TELLING ME YOU WOULDNT MIND TRAVELLERS LIVING BESIDE YOU, If you do your more full of shite then i thought

HMM i do remember your post earlier in the year, i didnt agree with it at all, thought i was in bad taste, but you had your voice and the right to say what you liked, sure if we all agreed it would be a boring world

yummymummy

Hmmm how to wordthis properly…………..I would have been one of those, oh god settled travellers no ta…..BUT now I live in an estate with families on either end of my row of houses and they are some of the nicest people here…..altho their vans parked everywhere can get annoying at times.(and some visits form their extended family can be annoying as some of them are laary at 5am in the morning….like this morning one of them walking up and down the street roaring hello to himself…wtf????)
    Like I said earlier you just cannot pick your neighbours, I kinda keep myself to myself up here, been here 2 years and never been in anyones house up here and thats the way ill keep it thanks.
    Think there is every nationality possible here (apart from romas and i dont give a shite what anyone says..i would FREAK out if i had them near me……i dont care how un pc that is thanks very much) and not one bit of trouble have i seen.

Taylor5

i have to say once the sun is gone we wont see them, they do keep to themselves, its only when the sun shines and the extended family arrive… i laugh and say they are like gremlins they just mulitply 😆 😆 😆

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok it would appear the initial question has been answered.
    Thread Closed.

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.