gfcf diet for Autism

Home Forums Education gfcf diet for Autism

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    cmcdonnell

Hi I am a mother with a 3yr old boy who has a severe speach and language delay and has been diagnosed with spd. He is waiting for his assessment for Autism which like everything else in this country is taking forever. I have recently heard about a diet for autistic children where they cut out the casein and gluten from their diet. This has improved the childrens development drastically. I have done a lot of research on this but i would love to hear from any parents in Ireland who this diet might have worked for. I am hoping to get some support from G.P and dietitian but they seem to know very little.
    I would be very grateful for any information anyone can give me on this subject.

Celina

CaliGal

I know there has been a lot of success wit the Ketogenic Diet. Meryl Streep did a movie on it about a mother putting her child on the diet against the medical establishments wishes and after a long legal battle the medical team acknowledged it did have merit. It’s called " First Do No Harm" (1997) and well worth a view.

I think you will be hard pressed to find much support in Ireland for nutritional therapy. You will have better luck online in a forum for the UK and America where in my opinion nutritional therapy has been more widely practiced.

boo

I know a few family’s who have children with autism who have tried the cf/gf diet with mixed results. It is worth a try. There are a-lot of experienced parents on the special needs discussion thread on rollercoaster.ie it might be worth posting there. Good luck with it, hope it works for you.

Also the Louth/Meath autism support group meets once a month in the Laurence centre, I think they are meeting this week, lots of parents with experience to talk to there, I can find out about the support group meeting if you like, they have a face book page.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.