Get the cars off our beaches…

Home Forums Meath Chat Get the cars off our beaches…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

I am so sick of cars driving up and down our local beach, some at speed and some boy racers doing 360 turns and spitting exhaust fumes all over the place.

We live near what should be a lovely beach, it stretches from Laytown, through Bettystown and up to Mornington and we should be able to enjoy it but its a sham.

There are constantly cars parking on it and driving around it. Despite signs saying cars can only go so far, they keep driving up the beach anyway, making a mess.

Despite the fact cars are not ‘supposed’ to drive dangerously or recklessly, they do.

It drives me mad and our local Garda station only opens for 2 hours on weekdays, so even if we report idiot drivers, by the time a car comes from Ashbourne, they are long gone.

I contacted Meath County Council about it and they said drivers are not allowed to do this but they are the ones who allow cars on the beach and charge for parking, so they might really be all that bothered if they making a few quid out of it!

lemonB

…again…as long as there’s a profit to be made who gives a rats ass.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.