Gentlebirth

Home Forums ASK THE EXPERT Pregnancy & Birth Gentlebirth

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hi all, im 27 weeks pregnant and would like to thank lisa dowling for a great weekend i had at the gentlebirth workshop. I never heard of anything like gentlebirth before until a woman i know mentioned it to me and asked me would i be interested in learning about it, i said sure why not ill give it a go and she got me in touch with lisa. Its all to do with retraining your mind to relax and focus on birth as something positive. I use to look at labour as something painful and long hard work, something as a bad experience. But now i look at it as exciting, relaxing and positive. I listened to too much horror stories and seen too much tv shows. I cant reccommend it enough to any mother to be or thank lisa enough. Any fears or negative thoughts i had about labour are all gone. I dragged keith along with me of course (he huffed a bit before) but after he said to me he could not believe how much he learned from it and enjoyed it. Now he knows what ways he can help me during labour, how to keep me relaxed and to focus on what my body should be doing and also helping me prepare in the weeks leading up to it. Before he thought he would be just sitting looking at me in pain not been able to do anything for me except ask am i ok. Both of us are so excited now for september it cant come quick enough and im actually looking forward to the moment i know labour is starting. Im glad to have this advantage with my first baby :) thanks so much lisa!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.