gadget

Home Forums Louth Chat gadget

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    hjs

I am not v up on these things.

DD has ds lite – is there a similar thing but with a bigger screen that you can still play games on but also watch movies cartoons etc on without givin urself a headache cos screen so small.

Need something portable but functional iykwim – going to Mayo next week for 4 days and whilst hotel seems to cater for kids, has a swimming pool and I’m sure we’ll find plenty to do, given the weather forecast, I wanna cover all bases, esp if we in car for long periods.

last year on hols in majorca, a couple had them for their kids out to dinner, said they were v versatile. Any suggestions?

yummymummy

You cant watch movies on the ds lite, not as far as i know. You can on the psp!!!!

Why not invest in a portbale dvd player….that’ll keep them occupied in the car.

hjs

This thing that family had was like a ds shape as far as I recall, but a bit bigger – I don’t have a clue re psp things, never had anything like that so could well have that for all i know.

I don’t wanna be carting dvds around with me tbh, will have enough rubbish as it is weighing us down – that’s y I was wanting something that I suppose you could effectively download movies cartoon etc onto.

I’m not v helpful in terms of trying to find this out am I??!!! Talk about half a story!!!

Yvonne

Will you be bringing your laptop? You could load some films onto that?

yummymummy

Yeah it was probably the psp…its the playstation portable!!

You could take the dvds out of their boxes and put them ina cd holder thing, that what i did going on hols, was grand. Or do what yvonne said and download them onto laptop.

Taylor5

we bring my laptop… a shitty one and able for knocks and sticky fingers.. we download a few movies and the kids are delighted

scole1

i think you can on the new one….not sure how ya do it etc, but a portable dvd player would do the trick then if one wants to watch movie they can and the other play…

yummymummy

You cant on the new one, the only thing thats diff with the new one is that the screen is bigger ( i guess to help with the ds books)
    you can load music onto the sd card tho, thats about it ( oh they have to be in acc format tho)

Just read your note on the DS lite. You need to get an R4 card which enables you to download games and movies to watch on ds. My children have them and it means they can watch the movie while going along in the car. Just google r4 cards and you will be able to purchase them. Good luck.

yummymummy

As far as I know they dont work on the dsi’s!!! My ds has an r4 card and it will only work on the ds lite not the dsi.

hjs

dd got ds lite so works for me!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.