Fuel Depot : Greenhills

Home Forums Spot the Bargain Fuel Depot : Greenhills

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    chewieodie
    Participant

great to hear feedback…thanks ladies. :) :)

chewieodie
    Participant

Very good offers there…. just back and picked up 40kg Polish Coal for e12.50. That is very very cheap. Best deal I could get elsewhere was e 45 for 3 bags….
    He has turf, logs, etc….
    Really nice chap. I’ll be going back there without a doubt.

Taylor5

oh 12.50 thats very very good, where abouts in Greenhills? Directions please, i have no coal at all, im have loadsof logs, but need a few bags of coal… with the weather so mild i didnt really need the coal.

Might pick up a bag tomorrow, did you burn it yet, is it any good?

chewieodie
    Participant

DH just put in into the bunker, so don’t know if any goodor not. Bottom line is, for that price I was willing to give it a try…. 😉 The chap who sold it to us, was such a nice guy, so friendly. He says it is really good coal… and I know he is a salesman, but I reckon he was genuine….

Now in terms of directions, I’m hopeless, as I’m not from here as you know…. but best way for me to describe it is…. You know where Labfitness used to be? (I’m not sure if they are still there… )…. Virtually opposite….

Head down to the docks, turn left, turn right…. follow the road along next to the water, and then turn left up to the Greenhills Ind estate…. you reach a fork in the road…. instead of going right into the estate, you take the left fork, and it is a few metres on the left hand side of the road.
    Hope that makes sense?

Taylor5

Good woman, thats great… i have an idea where it is, i will drive down and im sure i will find it. You cant go wrong at that price… i will have to give it a try
    Thanks for the tip

Taylor5

i called over today, the chap is soooo nice, i got a bag of heat nuggets 3.50(like a round log) 40kg of polish coal 12.50 and a 40kg bag of singles 11.50, i was looking for back boiler beans he said the singles are the same..
    Im delighted, i have to go back again tomorrow as my mam wants the heat nuggets… 3 bags for 10e.

Oh they sell all kinds of dog food

Anonymous
    Inactive

so how did the coal burn…..

chewieodie
    Participant

Hubby definitely doesn’t have a problem with it… 🙂 Went and got another 2 bags during the week. 😉

Taylor5

its great, lovely big chunks and burns well…. they do bags of heat logs, little round compressed wood things that burn great

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.