First Holy Communion 2011

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    trixiebell
    Participant

yeah ed1 the ones in tommys were terrible!! You should ring up and get his size transferred up to Drogheda, thats what i did with the shoes.

ed1
    Participant

Went up to Liffey Valley today for the spin with Mam and got it there. Its just lovely on him. Still have to get his shoes but not going to worry too much about them yet.

My other chap is for confirmation the week after so he is next to sort out….

What date is your little lads communion?

trixiebell
    Participant

ah thats great u got it ed1. His is Sunday 15th May, is it just me, or is communions normally on a saturday?

Oh God communion and confirmation, yous will be busy!! 😯

ed1
    Participant

Ours is on Sunday 15th May also and confirmation on 22nd. Yeah I always thought first communion was on a Saturday. It was for DS1 4 years ago. Ours is at 10.30 am. How in gods name am I going to get my hair done before 10.30 on a Sunday morning.??

trixiebell
    Participant

hi ed1 i know peter marks in scotch hall open on a sunday, not sure what time tho, maybe they will be open as its communiom time…

trixiebell
    Participant

what did / is everyone doing for the afters?

ds wants a bouncycastle, but we have stones in our back garden, does anyone know if i can put a bouncy castle on stones?

is there something they would provide to cover stones?

Yvonne

I’d say they have to have something to cater for people who don’t have grass out in their gardens… give some of them a call and ask them…

ArtyMum

I hope you don’t mind me jumping on board! DS is making his communion on May 14th. We got his suit in Artane and I got him a lovely pin from Newbridge Silver. Nice and simple. The suit is charcoal grey and the shirt is a kind of plum colour, its fab on him! I am so excited, hee hee.

What are all you mums wearing yourselves?
    And what are you doing after?

trixiebell
    Participant

hi artymum,

i have organised a bouncy castle and doing a small party at home, its what ds wanted, so im happy if hes happy 🙂

have all the kids sorted clothes wise, just have to sort myself, left to the last lol!! have u ur outfit sorted yet?

ArtyMum

Yeah kind of, lol. Have a top, still have to get trousers but will just get black and black shoes. We are going to local for a sit down meal after church and then back to ours. Nothing major as there won’t be many here really. We will head to Dublin then next day and Wicklow to DHs side of the family. His nephew is same day so we agreed they go to that one and we will visit on the Sunday.

pinata ruth

Any of you mammys out there planning a party/ get together for first communions and looking for a unique idea and not too expensive. I have a wide selection of pinatas that suit first communions and i can make any shape/size/character that you want. With free delivery to Drogheda and surrounding areas. Sure what more could you want 😉

Taylor5

Trixebell did you get someone to put a castle on stones? I was onto a guy last week and he told me NO it has to be on grass 😯 I have seen them on tarmac in shopping centres etc.. so i was surprised at this.
    Will you post who you ordered yours with.
    The newbridge pins are fab…
    i would highly recomend a pinata they are brilliant fun, ours lasted about 15 mins, all the kids were sweating and all a plenty of goes

Jedt
    Keymaster

When are the communions on girls? There is a factory sale in a clothing warehouse in Prussia St in Dublin today and again in a few weeks time, they have fabulous dresses etc, many of them designer for brilliant prices. I am not bothered much about designer labels – what I like about these sales is the dresses are not what you would see on the high street, so you can pick up something no one else will have. I got a Marc O’Neill dress for 30 euro and its so fab, there are always great things like that.

We have had Ruth’s pinatas for parties and they are brilliant, keep the kids entertained for ages and no mess. they are a good idea.

ArtyMum

Highly recommend the pinatas too, fab!

Also, if you are looking for some pretty jewellery for FHC take a look here at my new items:
    http://www.erincrafts.com/first-holy-co … firmation/

Thank you. x

trixiebell
    Participant

Taylor yep i called and asked the guy as I seen the bouncy castles on his website on stones, I was delighted I must say as thats all ds wanted! They are the crowd that done the mobile playhouse.

Sabbi ours is on sunday 15th May, not too far away, but im mostly organised with the clothes now, just sort out the food nearer the time, we are doing it ourselves.

http://www.pelican.ie/

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.