Feeling low

Home Forums National Chat Feeling low

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    lemonB

Lately I’ve been feeling really low and doesn’t seem to be getting better. I suffered from depression in the past but got over it years back. For some reason life has been getting to me too much lately.
    I don’t know what to do or who to talk to.
    Any advice anyone?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry that you are feeling down LemonB

I suppose your first port of call should be your GP in case you need to go back onmedication for a little while to get you over this little bump in the road .

Obviously it is good to talk through your thoughts with family/ close friends or maybe counselling is another good option as talking really does help, sometimes more when its an outside person so you dont feel that you are burdening family/ friends with your thoughts & worries & you can be totally honest & not worry about their reaction as they are a professional.

Keep posting on here & im sure we will all try & help you with advice or words of encouragement x

Jedt
    Keymaster

Are you able to get out and chat with other mammies at all?

There are running groups, walking groups, coffee mornings, parent & tot groups in most areas now where you can chat with other mums and get some things of your chest. That might help a little?

Is there something in particular bothering you that you might like to share with us? Maybe we can help?

Do you have a close family member or friend you can confide in?

I think we all have days where we feel beaten down and while it usually passes, sometimes it can run into weeks and months and can become a real problem and you can find it hard to shake the low feeling.

Could it be the time of year that is making you feel down? I find this a stressful time of year – when we are nearly bankrupt from back to school costs!!! Then on top of that, our dishwasher, fridge and cooker all went bezerk in past few weeks and we had to get them repaired at a cost of €300. And the car is playing up again and our son needs new runners – again – its never ending!

I am hoping to be back to normal (whatever that is!) in a few weeks so I know its just a run of bad luck and not a permanent state.

Have you been feeling down for long? is it about one thing or lots of things?

Not sure if my post helps at all – just know you are not alone in feeling down and there is no shame in it. Sometimes its only for a little while and sometimes its a bit more serious and as Haileysmam said, you might need to talk to someone.

Check out http://www.aware.ie for the signs if depression and if you tick more than a few of the boxes, then maybe make an appt with your GP for a chat? Its no harm to have a chat.

hth 🙂

lemonB

Thank you for your replies.
    I go out, I meet people and chat but doesn’t help.
    I know something triggered it but not sure what and Sabbi you could be right, all the expenses is definitely draining me out. It’s just really long time since I felt so down. I feel like crying a lot and the feeling of being lost takes over me completely to the point where I feel physically in pain. I just hope it goes away soon cos I can’t function properly anymore.

munchin
    Participant

sorry to hear you’re feeling down – I think there’s a lot of us out there who feel like you describe but don’t know how to get out of it – I find when I’m feeling low or stressed that exercise helps – I try to do a work out of some description 3/4times a week and I find if I miss them I do feel low. If at all possible a nice walk with some music – helps clear the cobwebs – all temporary fixes I know but does help lift my mood.
    Maybe counselling could be the way to go to try figure out the root cause if you feel something in particular trigged things – might need to be resolved

again not sure if I’m any help but you’re not alone

Anonymous
    Inactive

Lemonb, since you are crying a lot and feel you cant function well anymore, I really think you should go and get some professional help whether that’s your local GP or a counsellor or some other alternative therapist.

I know that may seem like a big step or something that you may feel anxious about doing but they would be the best people to advise you on what you need to do to get you back on track to feeling like yourself again.

Ive been down that road 11 years ago when my best friend died and I just couldn’t cope, i couldn’t sleep, eat , I lost all interest in living. i ended up on anti depressants & went to a grief counsellor and it was not easy but I did eventually see the light at the end of the tunnel and I came out the other side but I wouldn’t have been able to do it without help.

Im not saying that you are as low as I was but you do sound like you need a bit of a helping hand.

Please get help & we are all here to send all positive thoughts towards you

allyj

Hi LemonB, that’s rough on you and it does sound like you need to get some help from your GP or someone like that, it certainly can’t make matters worse for you. We don’t always know what triggers us to feel low or depressed but what’s good is that you are recognising the signs and reaching out for help. That takes courage, especially when you are feeling fragile. Mammys are great at looking after other people but don’t always look after themselves as well. In addition to the stresses of finances, children, relationships etc etc etc., it can be a difficult time of year with season changes affecting our mood and your doctor may be able to offer some advice on this. I would say it is best not to wait and see if you start to feel better, but rather nip it in the bud sort of speak. Mind yourself and remember that you did get through this before.

Anonymous
    Inactive

just wondering how you are doing now LemonB?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hope you are feeling a bit better LemonB…..let us know how you are doing when you get the chance x

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.