Elave SPF45+ in The Gloss Magazine

Home Forums ASK THE EXPERT Skincare Expert Elave SPF45+ in The Gloss Magazine

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Joanna Gardiner, Ovelle M.D. recently did an interview in The Gloss Magazine on our sunscreen – if you haven’t seen it here’s what she said…

How to do… Sunscreen

It’s far andaway the most vital bit of skincare that we buy so it’s key to get it right. The first thing we do wrong is not wearing it – whatever the weather’s like; those ageing UVA rays are still present when it’s cloudy or overcast. We talked to Joanna Gardiner of Ovelle Pharmaceuticals about what to look for in daily sun protection, and how to make sure we’re properly protected…

Look for a daily defence that’s broad-spectrum – i.e. protects against both UVA and UVB rays – and is easy to use. The most important thing is to use it religiously every day, whatever you’re doing, all year round. A good Daily SPF should just disappear into the skin: avoid rubbing in, as it makes the block less effective. Don’t rely on your foundation, even if it contains an SPF: “most are not broad-spectrum enough” cautions Gardiner. And anyway, you might not want an entire mask of coverage. SPF maths is different – SPF30 is not ‘double’ SPF15. And whatever number you choose, reapply it regularly; it’s only protecting while it’s on the surface of the skin.

For Sensitive Skin: Made in Ireland, Elave Daily Skin Defence SPF45+ is one of the cleanest, safest sunblocks; it’s paraben-free, contains invisible zine and sinks instantly into skin. Both Elave and Dr Hauschka are currently working to create the most natural and organic sunblocks possible. “We’re aiming for an 80 per cent natural sunblock by the end of next year” says Gardiner, €22.95, at Boots and McCabes Pharmacies.

Jedt
    Keymaster

I put my Elave Spf 15 on every morning, hail, rain or shine. Whether I am going to a work meeting or event or out for a run, I always have it on first.

I just had a rejuvenating facial treatment a few weeks ago and the therapist kept saying how hydrated and looked after my skin is. I was chuffed and I reckon wearing an Spf and decent moisturiser every day helps with this.

I also love their facial cleanser – its one of my favourite products ever and at only 8.10 is a bargain!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.