Easter Break

Home Forums National Chat Easter Break

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    kcireland

School kids will soon be off for 2 weeks …. aughhhh!

Any plans? HELP!

Taylor5

A trip to the movies to see Horton Hears a who!
    My dh will have a week or more off work so I plan to be out of the house as he will be doing loads of DIY, so all "out of the house" idea please girls

scole1

or even a trip to newbridge, indoor minigolf in tougher business park….that would be a day out go to the newbridge silverware showroomsfor mammy and they have a new shopping centre like dundrum obviously smaller but great shops…..

a trip to the firestation, we’re going with playgroup and then the follwoing week the farm…..

take a trip to the beach clean up and also get a little print out of birds and get the kids to see what they can spot on the waters, bring a bucket and see can you get crabs and collect some sea shells and a little sand and when they come back get them to write about their trip to the seaside paint their sea shells that’s 2 days of occupying time…..

a trip to the library, do arts and crafts or a baking day…..or even if the kids are old enough get them to organise a yard sale of little things or even get them to get some friends together with your help write a little play and get them to do a little show at the end of the week….even something funny like the mad leprecaun who mixes up the pot of gold with easter eggs and the easter bunny who is so confused….something silly combine the two celabrations in one silly play…

Easter – have an easter egg hunt, make egg cup men, this will take 6 days boil an egg, get them to eat the inside then paint the shells, get cotton wool, water it get some cress seeds and grow hair….. egg and spoon race….lots of ideas….

Taylor5

Scole when your doing your egg head men, paint them before you empty the inside out, it will make it easier for you. You can do a great head with pop socks and googely eyes…..

pinkbabe

I bought a bottle of odlums muffin mix (just add water) a pack of scone mix (add milk) & some poster paints for painting boiled eggs…should keep them happy for 1 afternoon (now what am I gonna do the rest of the holidays ???)

Taylor5

some balloons, old newpaper and some pva glue…. make paper mache bunnies or Paddys day heads, you’d get a few days out of that as the glue has to dry etc..

Oh a plastic bag on a bit of wool on days like today and bobs your aunties husband

libby

Primary Times

That magazine is great, it is free in the library, ther is loads of ideas for the break..

Visit The Choclate Factory

ed1
    Participant

libby, where is the chocolate factory? i would be very interested in that, never mind the kids 😆 😆 😆

Taylor5

Where is the chocolate factory? Please tell ds and dh would love that….. I have ds and dh under my feet for the 2 weeks of Easter. Ds is fine, what can I do with my dh? 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

libby

Ballymount – it is cafferys choclate factory.

It is great.

Anonymous
    Inactive

There is a place in Belfast W5, supposed to be brilliant, work collegue raves about it, its an interactive centre. It is near the Odessys arena. May be a nice day out, havent been that end of BElfast before, he he did say it is attached to a shopping centre, so feed them in there first.

http://www.w5online.co.uk/site/default.asp?secid=home

Might try and get up myself over the Easter Break

libby

I have been there it is great, 7yrs up it is better for that. Loads to do & see.

pinkbabe

I have just signed my 2 up for some activities over the break 2 afternoons in my local community centre & a family day trip to powerscourt with the local community development project & I think all 3 days will cost me 9 euro 😀 I have also arranged to meet a MM in imaginosity 1 of the afternoons but that will cost me a lot more 🙁

Between these outings & my stock of easy baking stuff I think I am sorted

Taylor5

Pink when are you going to imaginosity?

Ballymount in Dublin, yeah? Do you have anymore details on it?

pinkbabe

Not sure when I am going I have never been b4 but 1 of the MMs asked me & she is gonna pick me up (nightmare to get to if u don’t drive) I will let u know as soon as I know more

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.