Dublin horse show 3-7th August, RDS

Home Forums Dublin Chat Dublin horse show 3-7th August, RDS

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

The Discover Ireland Dublin Horse Show
    3rd Aug 2011 (Wed) – 7th Aug 2011 (Sun) from 09:00 – 21:00
    The Discover Ireland Dublin Horse Show is taking place form the 3rd-7th of August. It is known as a Dublin institution for displaying the excellence of the Irish Breeding and showcases the talents of its competitors. The FEI Nation’s Cup will see Ireland battle against the best show jumping countries in the world. There are 12 international competitions including the Power & Speed Championship, the Land Rover Puissance, The Longines International Grand prix and the Hunt Chase! With further 35 national jumping competitions and 95 showing classes, the Show is certain to be a great five days of action.

With competitors from around the country and varying in all ages, The Dublin Horse Show will see over 80,000 people come and visit the spectacle that has been taking place for the last 147 years.

Blossom Hill Ladies Day will be taking place August 4th; to enter Ladies’ Day all you need is a general admission ticket for Thursday and then show up on the day looking fabulous! Fill in an entry form on the RDS Band Lawn from 12.00 noon; watch all the entrants detail their outfits on stage, whilst the judges select the winners; there will be an exclusive fashion show showcasing the season’s hottest looks.

The RDS National Crafts and Student Art winners Exhibition will be held in the RDS Concert Hall during the show, with the prize winning pieces and works of excellence form the winners will be on display. Visitors to this year’s Show will find a wide range of consumer goods, fashion wear, millinery, equestrian clothing, wines and confectionary in over 300 trade stands. The extensive Antiques and Art section offers a wide range of affordable items including furniture, silverware, paintings, prints and collectables, a shopping haven for everyone visiting the Dublin Horse Show

This year sees the return of the very popular Kid’s Zone. Situated to the rear of the grand stand, the entertainment here includes pony rides, face painting, bouncing castles and a fun playground. The very popular Billy Bubbles returns to the band lawn this year with his magic show. A new addition to the Show is Agri Aware’s Mobile Farm, it is an exciting educational experience for all ages and a must see for all nature lovers. Visitors will be introduced to the happy farm animals and will be able to hold them, feed them and learn about their role in the farm.

Closing date for entries to classes is Closing date for entries; July 1st 2011 (With exceptions for entries in to classes with qualifiers held after this date).

This year’s Discover Ireland Dublin Horse Show takes place from the 3rd-7th of August. Online ticket booking and a provisional programme of events are now available online on the 2011 Discover Ireland Website at http://www.dublinhorseshow.com

Taylor5

We went EVERY year as kids, it was a family day out… havent been since my dad died 14 years ago, he died on 1st of August 97 and Ireland won Aga Khan trophy a few days later, my mam roared crying thinking how much my dad would have been over the moon…… always reminds me of my dad and childhood summer. My mam tells an 😳 story about me in the VIP tent, i was only 2 at the time 😳

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.