Donacarney school – why oh why cars still on the road???!!

Home Forums Meath Chat Donacarney school – why oh why cars still on the road???!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

I don’t get it. Someone please enlighten me….

The old school at Donacarney has been torn down and a huge new school – with huge car park and drive through drop off/pick up system – has been put in its place.

Local residents were ‘assured’ this would mean an end to the dangerous exploits of the parents who drop off and pick up children there. This was supposed to mean an end to parking on the side of the road, doing u-turns in the middle of the road, opening car doors into a road where cars are trying to drive past, kids running out from behind cars etc.

Despite all the new facilities, parents are still parking haphazardly on the side of the road and are still causing the road to be blocked and making it impossible for cars to get past.

I am really getting so annoyed about this. I have called the school about it but no-one comes back to me.

Its a bloody nightmare and I just don’t understand why parents are allowed to park like this….someone is going to get hurt. Its a disgrace.

Jedt
    Keymaster

My girls attend the school too, i understand where u are coming from – seems to be thesame cars every morning. They just don’t want to use the new access road and drop off points for some reason maybe but I’m fed up of having to wait behind them to then pull around them and access it myself. After school you can understand it as there is definitely not enough parking to accommodate parents collecting kids but the morning is meant to be dro and go!

javelin

The reason they block the road and park where they like is because they are allowed to. The Gardaí should do their jobs and issue tickets for illegal parking, its the only way this will stop. They still park on the bend , in the junction at the old school and on the footpaths and bus stops , the even park on the roundabout inside the school.
    The only way this will stop is when they are fined and given penalty points.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.