Do you need receipt for faulty goods?grrr

Home Forums National Chat Do you need receipt for faulty goods?grrr

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    happymumblemum
    Participant

I know this has been asked loads of times before but to save me trawling please tell me yes or no….

Having looked at the consumer web sites it appears that you do but I could have sworn that you don’t ..?

I bought a dog lead from Equipet in Drogheda 3 weeks ago it was over 20 euro..the lead is now jamming and is next to useless..of course I don’t have the reciept ( who keeps the receipt for a effing dog lead).

To cut a long story short this is the second thing I have had to bring back to this store, the last item was very poor in quality and I spoke with the manager who said she would speak with the supplier..of course I didn’t have the receipt..

The girl in their basically said I could have bought it anywhere and I was made to feel really shitty..the other girl in there sees me buying stuff all the time grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Anyway the manager wasn’t there so I will go back next week but now we are left with a dodgy lead.

I rang the bank and they are sending me out the statement as I bought on my laser and I will go back.

Its only 20 quid but I am fed up of crap customer service..there are other pet stores in town and I shall vote with my feet..

trixiebell
    Participant

hey hmm,

I know the owner of the Boyne Pet Centre and I would recommend them 100 times over as they are a family business and I would say that they would treat you a lot better than Equipet.

Hope you get sorted, it is sooo annoying.

happymumblemum
    Participant

Hi Trix..yes I will shop there from now on..

I am ashamed to have been so lazy and gone there instead of town.. it must have hurt that shop badly when the two new stores came to town.

They were all real friendly in there..until I had a problem, then not so much. I really hate that when they look at you like you are some kind of a liar/ scam merchant. The girl who always serves me just stood looking at the floor.

The girl I dealt with said that she couldn’t do anything without the receipt and I had to come back to see the manager another day..that isn’t good enough either ..the person left in charge should have enough authority to work and make decisions or at the very least be able to contact someone more superior there and then

ck

Hi your bank statment showing your laser transaction is proof of purchase – it was raised on The afternoon show few weeks ago someone had a similar issue and their Consumer Rights expert confirmed this or credit card statment was a valid form of proof.

Yvonne

I have bought stuff before and returned it faulty without a receipt…. but then again it does depend on the shop and the staff too as you have experienced!

Hope you get sorted..

Taylor5

i have returned stuff in the past without a recipt but i have noticed that anytime i have tried to return faulty goods i was asked for a reciept. Dh got me a cd/radio for xmas…. its is now broken, just stoppedworking!!!
    I makes good customer service to agree with the customer, i got the same lead and the clip kept jamming, i went back to Corcrans on Dwyer street about 3 months later, he had a look and replaced without a word…… Brilliant shop and the boyne centre one too. Those larger stores are just to rude to deal with at least the smaller stores you get to know the people your dealing with

yummymummy

Once you have your laser statement then your home free with regards to a refund.

Other than that no its within their rights to refuse you if you dont have a reciept.

Jedt
    Keymaster

Once you have your bank statement you’re covered. I think you can print it off online if you have 24 hour banking….

All Pets on the Donore Road are very good too – maybe try them next time. Have heard lots of great feedback about them 😆

sineadmahon

Laser receipt is some proof of purchase, as is credit card statement. DD informed me of this the other day, she said her bus studies teacher was revising consumer issues with them for JC (not long now! Agh!). Checked http://www.consumerconnect.ie (not that I doubted her for a minute…) and they say yes, some proof of purchase is need, but doesn’t have to be receipt. They have an online game called shopsmart there too with loads of answers to questions like this.

Hope you got it sorted.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.