cochlear implant

Home Forums Education cochlear implant

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    MissyG

i just wanted to put this onto mumstown cos my dd is getting the implant in april & i was just wondering if anyone on this had it done for their child or know of someone who had it done? if so i would be really interested in talking to them about it. we have decided to get the implant done but it would be really good hearing about other people’s experiences!!!

Taylor5

MissyG I was only in a friends house at the weekend, their kids were showing me sign language and they couldnt believe that ds could sign back…. well they know how to sign as their little friend is deaf, she was in main stream school but fell behind, she is now in School on the Navan Road in Dublin. They said she got an implaint fitted earlier in they year and her hearing has come on so much she is going to attend a normal secondary school…. they couldnt believe how well her speech had come on too.

Sorry I can only give you a 3rd hand story, but hope it give you some hope

JR

Hi MissyG,

My sister’s friend, little girl got them a few yrs now. It has made a huge differences in her life!!! I dont think she is a member of this website, but i sure can say it to my sister to ask her, and if she would like to talk about it to urself. Is that ok?

JR

Anonymous
    Inactive

MissyG, I hope your dd’s operation went well – must’ve happened by now? i’m told the procedure’s become much simpler in recent years …

you might find the new http://www.irishdeafkids.ie website & forum of interest – take a look!

all the best,

C

MissyG

yeah she already had it on 26th march!!!!!!!! it was brought forward to our utmost relief & it was switched on today i’m v happy to say. there was no major reactions but we can sense something different about her – when we came home she seemed more responsive & she turned her head when she heard my voice,it was absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! as time goes on she’ll respond more & more. i’ve even put myself onto the list to get it done as well!!!!! 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

MissyG, I’m delighted to hear the good news! she has so many new sounds to learn and get used to… i haven’t had an implant myself but every time my hearing aids are upgraded, it’s a revelation!

Enjoy the acoustic journey(s) ahead! 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.