bus to Scoil Oilibhéir Naofa in Ballymakenny

Home Forums Education bus to Scoil Oilibhéir Naofa in Ballymakenny

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    outnumbered

Hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone could recommend a good bus service that runs to Scoil Oilibhéir on the Ballymakenny Rd. Our DS will be starting there in Sept and although we live relatively close, because of the start time, neither myself or my OH can drop him to school. His crèche can’t do a school run as they have commitments to other schools. We are not very happy about putting him on a bus at such a young age, but we are left with little choice as we really like this school. A staff member from the crèche will stand and wait with him for the bus in the mornings and after school, but its getting from the school drop off point to school yard alone and waiting in the line that I’m very nervous about. Are there any bus services that don’t simply drop them and run??? Any recommendations/ advice would be greatly appreciated. Our only other option would be to look for a childminder locally!

Jedt
    Keymaster

That’s a tough one alright, I can understand why you would be nervous.

Our kids go on the Bus Eireann bus to school each day. We drop them at the bus stop on the top of our road and when they get there, the teachers collect them from the bus and put them into their lines to wait to go inside. They are supervised at all times so its a good system and it works well for us.

Did you talk to the school about it and ask what their policies are for getting the children off the bus? they may have a similar procedure in place and then you would not need to worry, as he will be supervised at all times.

HTH 😀

outnumbered

Thanks Sabbi,
    Your kids obviously don’t go to St Oliver’s but it sounds like the school your kids go to has a great system. A lot of schools don’t supervise kids until the school bell goes as they don’t see it as their responsibility. I’ll give the school a call after the Easter break to check it out but they did send a note home to say that they are not affiliated in with any school bus service so my guess is there is no supervision. I might pop over some morning to see it all in action too, it’ll give me a good idea how well it all operates. Thanks for the post!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.