Brown mucous during first trimester

Home Forums Pregnancy, Mums2Be, Birth, New Parents Brown mucous during first trimester

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    MummyD

try not to worry, discharge is very common at different stages of pregnancy. it may well be nothing or could be something easily treatable like thrush

Getto the doctor and have him/her check you over and maybe make an appt for an early pregnancy scan and you’ll know more.

in meantime, try not to worry. x

MummyD

Has anyone experienced brown mucous during their first trimester? I am 7 weeks gone and experience brown mucous yesterday evening which has continued into today. It is only very small amounts when wiping but I am very concerned. I have made an apt with doctor for tomorrow morning. Does anyone have any advice?

MummyD

Thanks for the sound reassurance Sabbi. Will let you know how I get on. x

Mark Acu

Hi Mummyd

As Sabbi said its really quite common. Up to 40% of women will have this or a bleed and its not problematic so rest assured you are doing the right thing by going to your doctor and they will investigate it for you. In the mean-time try not to worry easier said than done I know.

Take care

Mark

taurusdebs

i had it thru my pregnancy, on wiping also, once i was hospitalised just to rule out infection…..

Taylor5

Same here, but gp said it was normal, i had no infection as all was well, the funny think on the baby i lost i had NO brown mucus…. i had 2 healthy pregnacies and had to wear panty liners due to this problem. So try not too worry it sounds very normal

Jedt
    Keymaster

I should have shares in panty liners at this stage! Sorry…TMI!!! 😆 😆

Taylor5

I should have shares in panty liners at this stage! Sorry…TMI!!! 😆 😆

Oh the joys….. it is SO A MANS WORLD!! 😆 😆 😆

Jedt
    Keymaster

Ah but we can get them back in many ways….mine has the misfortune of rubbing my big pregnant feet every night now and running around after me!! So help him! 😆 😆

MummyD

The browny/pink mucous turned red on Thursday and now I have regular bleeding on wipe so was sent straight to the hospital. After thorough examination they said cervix is still closed but the bleeding is unusual, got a blood test done and due back tomorrow for another blood test. Fingers crossed, it is hard as you really do get so attached to the babe from the moment you realise you are pregnant. 🙁 Wish me luck!

lyn11

I wish you the strength to get through the next few days. Everything rushes through your head at a time like this and it is very hard to wait it out. I hope things turn out well for you and please use here as a place to vent, rant, whatever you need, there are lots of us who have been through similar experiences.

Taylor5

Fingers crossed for you and hope all goes well tomorrow xxxx

Jedt
    Keymaster

Sending you positive thoughts for tomorrow Mummy D. Keep us posted no matter what happens, lots of support for you on here to help you through. x

MummyD

Hi All, I got my HCG results yesterday evening and they are very low. Doctors say miscarriage should happen any day. I will keep trying. I know that everyone has their stories so I am not alone. I am blessed with a beautiful daughter already and I have plenty of years in me yet so I am going to keep my spirits up and be positive. I just want to thank you all for your support and kind words, it means alot! x

miffym

I just want you to know that i am thinking about you, I hope you will be okey, look after yourself.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.