Bootcamp – a wobbly mammy’s diary.

Home Forums ASK THE EXPERT mams.ie Weight Loss Support Group Bootcamp – a wobbly mammy’s diary.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    laura

To all mumstown mammies (and daddies!)

If you are looking to shift weight for good in a healthy and controlled way, we can help you!

Those of you that know me know that im 100% against dieting clubs, as in my opinion they dont work…they are only a short term solution.

If you are serious about weight loss and fitness, LABFITNESS BOOTCAMP can dramatically change the way you look and feel!…

Apart from the exercise we offer nutritional guidance to ensure you eat correctly for your age, body type and fitness level and we have a closed group in facebook for support which is amazing!

There are only 2 bootcamp events left in 2012

1 week intense beach camp – 20th-24th August at Termonfeckin beach
    and
    6 week bootcamp – starts 10th sept (mon,wed, fri @6.30 am).

If any of you would like to enroll or get more info please email me at
    laura@labfitness.com
    😀

Jedt
    Keymaster

I wear leggings at bootcamp myself, find tracksuit bottoms too heavy too.

Direct sports on Shop st have leggings and tops on sale at the moment Munchin so you might pick up some stuff in there. they had 3/4 leggings for 8 euro and tops for 5 euro and good material, stretchy and not too heavy

Also, Champion sports in Laurence Town Centre have a sale on so you can pick up some short & mid length leggings, especially now with the summer sales on they will be getting rid of this stock

munchin
    Participant

ah brilliant THanks for that info Sabbi 😉

Jedt
    Keymaster

Labfitness have a one week beach camp on in August, that would be good for anyone who wants a good kick up the arse towards getting fit!!

Taylor5

Penneys have some nice sports wear, Labfitness have lovely stuff too…. You cant go wrong with heatons stuff either.

Sabbi that run amuck is brilliant, you will have the best crack ever

Jedt
    Keymaster

More like the dirtiest crack ever taylor 😆 😆 😆

DAY 11 –

Oh holy moley….very tough ‘spare trye’ class this morning at bootcamp. We had to jog while holding a tyre (which weighs 7 kilos!) over our heads and we did lots of exercises in studio with the tyre too. The tyre felt so heavy and is actually about the same weight as what I have lost since I started bootcamp so it really made me realise how far I have come already and I have no desire to put that extra weight back on ever!!

It was a very hard class but as the saying goes "misery loves company" and we ended up laughing and kind of enjoying it. The best part, as we ran down the hill bucketing sweat and giving out – wasplotting to trap Vanessa in a bunch of tyres and rolling her down the hill.

Would that be taking it too far perhaps??? LOL!!

Jedt
    Keymaster

Got my Zaggora leggings in the post today and going to wear them tomorrow morning for bootcamp – apparently they make you sweat like mad and help you tone up. My sis has been wearing a pair for exercising and says they are great and that she can feelthem helping her tone up – so worth a go I reckon!

Will let you know how I get on with those tomorrow….

Yvonne

Sabbi, you are doing fantastic!!

And I have to say you are really selling it to me….
    10th September…. what I’ll do is check with hubby to make sure he is not away with work and strongly consider it.

I need something like this.. have started a new diet and have lost 7lbs in two weeks which is great for me, I really need to exercise though.

I am worried about my fitness level though! Its gone!
    Will pm you Laura x

Jedt
    Keymaster

Day 12

Thats 2/3 the way through already!! So glad I am doing this, can really feel a difference in my body.

Don’t worry about not being fit enough Yvonne. I was so unfit when I started – I had just stopped breastfeeding and had been pregnant before that and had not done any serious exercise in over a year & half!!!

It is for anyone, at any level. You just go at your own pace and you will see the difference pretty quickly. I can jog nearly the whole way around the football pitch now – and I could not do anything like that when I started 4 weeks ago.

I wore my Zaggora pants today, which make you sweat more and oh my goodness do they work. My knickers were actually sapping wet when I got home, I sweat so much under them. Not attractive but effective I hope!! 😀

Jedt
    Keymaster

DAY 14 –

I am finally getting better at jogging now and better able to manage burpees and the other crazy exercises too. Felt great afterwards!

Have to admit, was very tired this morning after a horrid sleep last night and thought about not going this morning but reckoned, I would be sorry if I threw in the towel at this stage after all my hard work – so hauled myself out of bed and out the door and am so glad I went. It was a great class

I am finally getting better at jogging now and better able to manage burpees and the other crazy exercises too. Felt great afterwards!

So glad I went and so glad I am doing this, its not easy but it has improved my fitness levels, body shape and overall fitness. 🙂

Only 1.5 weeks left…

Taylor5

I would love to do this, but dh leaves for work too early…

Zaggora legging?? What are they?

Jedt
    Keymaster

Zaggora pants make you sweat like mad. They are leggings, either short or 3/4 length and they pull up quite high to cover your bum & tum areas (Think Simon Cowell trousers) and hold all the wobbly bits in tight and as you exercise, you sweat more than you normally would and apparently, they help you lose weight & tone up in that area.

I am not one for gimmicks but my sister, who is a fitness instructor, has been wearing them and reckons they are brilliant and have helped her baby belly tone up so I decided to give them a go.

They propose a 2 week challenge – you measure yourself at the start and end and see if they help you tone up. They are not cheap at around 45 quid a pair but in fairness, they are very good quality and very comfortable to wear. You have to handwash them but they dry quickly so not too much maintenance.

I am a week into wearing them and have never sweat so much in my life but will let you know in another week how my waist is! 😀

Jedt
    Keymaster

DAY 16

Last week – woo hoo!! I cannot believe its week 6 already, the past 5 weeks have absolutely flown by.

So how am I getting on now….well, 4 weeks ago at the start of week 2 we did some spinning on bikes and I nearly keeled over from it. I was breathless, my legs ached like I did not know they could and my muscles burned. I had to stop alot while on the bike, I could not maintain the speed or manage the squats and standing up/sitting down movements. After 20 mins of spinning I thought I was going to pass out and I decided I DETESTED SPINNING….

Fast forward to this morning. I walked in to class and saw the bikes and thought ‘oh no…..’ I could feel the burn before I even got on the bike. But, an amazing thing happened, I got on the bike and I was well able for it!! I could do the dips, stands, sits, squats and I did not lose my breath or feel like falling off. I was surprised at how well I managed it and how I was able to cope for the full 20 minutes.

Its amazing to me that in the space of just a few weeks, my fitness levels have improved that much.

I am really delighted I took on this challange and even though bootcamp finishes this friday, I will be back at Labfitness next week. Its ruddy bloody great!! 😀 😀

Jedt
    Keymaster

DAY 17 & 18

It was not too bad getting up in the last week. Knew it was coming to an end and the 6am start was not so awful. I also think my body had gotten used to getting up for bootcamp so I did not mind too much.

The Wednesday class was great – Vanessa really ran us through our paces, she made sure she squeezes every last drop of energy out of us.

Then Friday, we had the lovely Emilia, she ran us ragged as well. She did a great class of 45 mins in studio of different exercise that start off slow and work up speed with the music. It seemed easyish at the beginning but I was sapping with sweat by the end of it. Then we went out for a quick jog (which I was able to do, yippee!!) and back for some stretching.

Was actually a bit sad to finish up but so glad I did it and really proud of myself I stuck the full 6 weeks. I can notice a big difference in myself and want to keep it up!

Tried Zumba last night for the first time, really liked it. Going to keep going…

MaryE

Well done Sabbi, you’ve done so well, you are an inspiration.

Wondering if bootcamp is severe for people who dont do much reglar excessive? would it be an idea for me to start doing some walking before i try the bootcamp or is it suitable for those of us who are very unfit?? 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.