Any remedies for swollen boobs??

Home Forums National Chat Any remedies for swollen boobs??

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Jenny!!!

:( Hi all, have just had a baby and my milk has ”come in”,am not breast feeding (although i think theres enough in there to feed a dozen babies) my poor boobies are soooo sore and enormous, when i am on my back i feel like theres a tonne weight pinning me to the bed, i cant sleep on my side cos the weight of one is pushing on the other, had a c-section so this added discomfort is not welcomed…anyone know of any tips or remedies for reducing swelling, how long does it last??? its only 2 1/2 years since my last baby but have forgotten it all, :roll: :roll:

chewieodie
    Participant

Cabbage leaves, cabbage leaves, cabbage leaves……. the big outer ones that you must keep in the fridge. Definately helps…. put them inside your bra. Don’t know exactly what it does, but it worked for me! 😉

noeleenw

i second the cabbage leaves , they are the best ever

noeleenw

another tip is if you are having a shower dont let the water near them as this will encourage the milk to come in and add more pain to a painful situation 😳

Jedt
    Keymaster

Yep, cabbage leaves will do the trick!!

Put the cabbage in the fridge first to cool them down and then place a leaf in each side of your bra.

Also, wear a soft bra without under wire and keep away from hot baths or showers. Heat will make you much more uncomfortable so keep them cool. When showering, keep your back to the water, don’t let it near your boobs.

It will pass soon, just hang in there….

jeanette

they say that eating parsley stops the milk production

noeleenw

think you can get tablets to stop the milk

missysmum

yup, stay away from the hot showers alright, its bad i know, but it wont last too long hopefully!

Taylor5

Ah jenny congrats, sorry to hear you had a section but you will be fine. what did you have a boy or a girl?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Not the thinking on how to do it but it always worked for me when I was stopping breastfeeding. I stopped feeding suddenly, but I expressed a little to relieve the ‘pain’ but lessened it day by day. took a few days to get to none but it didn’t hurt and was in no pain. Just a slower, natural way to stop.

Happymammy

Hey Jen big congrats! Mine where like that aswell!! And i had big lumps under my armpits on both my post pregnancies when my milk arrived! OUCH! Take ponston and try not to move them.
    Absolutely no stimulation ie, rubbing, lyn on them, anything warm at all! dont stand under the shower keep your back to the water and dont have a bath this makes your boobs huge!! Oh i dont envy you, the cabbage leaves are a savour, keep them in a lunch box in your fridge. Then pop them in with your breast pad and it draws out the milk, the first night i had to sleep with a big towel aroung me aswell lolololol But after 2/3 days the milk stopped producing. Best of luck hun x

Jenny!!!

Ah jenny congrats, sorry to hear you had a section but you will be fine. what did you have a boy or a girl?

Thanks Taylor, i have had two previous sections so i knew i was having another one, its not nice but baby has to come out somehow, and we now have 3 beautiful girls.

Thanks for all the tips girls, am nearly past that stage now thank god. Oh the joys. its all worth it in the end tho.

Taylor5

God love you poor dh in a house with 4 women 😆 😆 😆 you will have to try for the boy 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.