Another A&E trip…it never rains but it pours :(

Home Forums Exercise, Nutrition, Health Issues & illness Another A&E trip…it never rains but it pours :(

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

It never rains but it pours…spent last night in OLOL with our 8 year old after she roller skated into an iron bar and fractured her shin. Poor little poppet was in terrible pain. After lots of x-rays and examinations and being admitted overnight, she is finally in a cast now and getting home soon for lots and lots of TLC.

Its fierce busy in A&E – there were so many children with broken bones. Most from trampolines but sure, we don’t even have a trampoline and we still ended up in there with a very badly injured little girl.

She barely slept a wink last night, she was in horrid pain all night. She even cried in her sleep. It was heart breaking looking at and listening to her like that. She is usually a tough cookie and its not like her to be so upset.

I tried to sleep once she got into a ward but the recliner chair did not actually recline properly and every time I got it reclined and felt comfy, it catapulted me back into a sitting position! I’m full of cricks and creaks today but just happy that our little firecracker does not need surgery and can come home today.

Our other children were all very upset too because its the first time any of them have broken a bone like this. Our 12 year old son said to us today he wishes it had been him instead, because he is older and might be able to take the pain better. If the total lack of sleep last night was not enough to have me teary today, that certainly did it!!

That’s 2 A&E trips in 2 weeks….please no more for a while at least!!!!

munchin
    Participant

hopefully that’s you done and dusted – poor girl sounds like she was in a lot of pain alright – wishing her a speedy recovery

Jedt
    Keymaster

She is in quite alot of pain but she is a little trouper and is battling through! They gave her a walking frame and she is managing to get to the bathroom with that but she cannot get up off the bed or couch, so we are lifting her up and down.

She was sad not to be able to go to school but hopefully, in a week or two she can go.

Once the pain settles a bit she can go.

What a bloody nightmare. 🙁

Anonymous
    Inactive

Awhh the poor thing, I hope it heals fast and she is soon pain free.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.