Acupuncture after miscarriage?

Home Forums ASK THE EXPERT Perimenopause & Menopause support Acupuncture after miscarriage?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Daisy37

Hi Mark,

Can you explain if and how acupuncture would help after a miscarriage in terms of getting my body clock back on track and help with the emotional healing.

I was reading earlier some of what you added about Chinese theories and was wondering what recommendations you have for women going through or coping with a miscarriage

thanks.

Mark Acu

Hi Daisy

Thank you for your question and I hope my response helps you and others understand the theory a bit more.

From a Traditional Chinese Medicine perspective a miscarriage or still birth is as draining on the mother as a normal birth if not more so. The main reason being the natural circle of hormone or energy flow has not been completed as there would be in full pregnancy and birth.

However from a treatment perspective miscarriage at any stage is mentally and physically traumatic and draining. As with all Chinese Medicine theory it relates back to Root and Branch concepts. That is you treat the symptom (branch) and trace it back to the cause (root) and treat that also.

Within miscarriage you treat the mental and physical symptoms as you present them and then work on treating the root cause of the problem. This theory has the massive benefit of in the future helping to prevent the miscarriage from occurring in later pregnancies. Some of the aspects you would examine are

Sleep: Quality, Dream patterns
    Diet: Appetite, Digestive Problems
    Stress: Mood, Emotions
    Any aches or pains anywhere in the body
    Menstrual cycle prior to becoming pregnant

There are other areas but the concept involves nurturing your body and working with it to help ease it back into normal rhythm.

Each patient is different, each method of treatment is different as we are all unique.

I hope I have answered some of your questions, but if you have any more please feel free to ask

Take care

Mark Bell

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.