Accidental texts….

Home Forums National Chat Accidental texts….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

have you ever accidentally sent a text to the wrong person?

Or have you ever received a text from someone that was clearly not meant for you??

I once got a text from a (now ex) friend of mine saying ‘I looked fat on the telly’ I was on TV in a show that evening which she musthave been watching and she obviously meant to text it to someone else, but instead she sent it to me. It was quite hurtful but in all honesty, I don’t think I’m fat (carrying a few post baby pounds yes but by no means fat) so I was more disappointed in her than upset by the comments. Needless to say, our friendship was given an awful hammering after that and we don’t speak much anymore. Its sad she would speak like that.

So, has it ever happened to you??

lemonB

Hasn’t happened to me 😀

…and you definitely do not look fat, you look like a real woman.
    My partner always says that a real woman has curves.

ps. haters are everywhere and I’m sure it can be upsetting to be talked about in a bad way but you just have to ignore them, they are just jealous of what you are and what you have.

munchin
    Participant

yep I once sent a text to an employee instead of my boyfriend (now husband) thankfully there wasn’t anything in it that was majorly embarrassing but I did sign it Love you lots XOXOXOX – the employee never mentioned it 😆 😆

Jedt
    Keymaster

One of the lads I play football with constantly texts me but the text is meant for his wife, so far everything has been very innocent – "do you want me to pick anything up? x" "is there food for us two babe x" "were the kids collected? x" – all that is fine, what if they’re feeling a bit saucy and he get a bit more amorous…lads can’t say these things to one another – even if its accidental 😳

Jedt
    Keymaster

At this stage, I have accepted my curves and I am happy enough as I am. Yeh, I’d like to lose a few pounds around my belly area but I am not going to lose sleep over it. I am happy and healthy and if someone is so shallow to send a mean text like that, I think it says more about them than me.

I try to ignore ‘the haters’ – bunch of saddos who are not brave enough to say to your face what they say behind your back.

Having said that, we recorded a segment for TV3 yesterday and I had just gotten my period and I felt really bloated, so I may not be looking my best in that one when it airs on 23rd Sept. I hope she doesn’t accidentally text me any nasty comments when that goes out! 😉

Speaking of embarrassing situations…here is one I still cringe about. I was working in a chippy part time while I was putting myself through college and there was a guy in a local bar who used to come in and get chips for all the bar staff at the end of the night when the pub was closed and they were cleaning up. He would come in, I would try to serve him and I was hope that he was going to ask me out someday. (Back then I hadn’t the nerve to ask him myself!). Anyway, one Saturday night he came in and asked me if he could have my phone number, I was delighted and was gushing over him until he clarified that he wanted the phone number of the chippy so he could ring in the staff’s order in advance and not have to wait for it. He did not want my number at all. I still cringe now…. 😳 😳

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.