5 hours of activity for kids, in one place! Thanks Funtasia!

Home Forums National Chat 5 hours of activity for kids, in one place! Thanks Funtasia!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

My hubby and I went away for the weekend and my lovely, kind (brave?!) sister-in-law agreed to mind our 4 children while we were gone. She was minding them in our house for 3 whole days so we could have a weekend away.

Knowing how active (that’s putting it nicely) our children are, we decided to help her out and we got her tickets for Funtasia Waterpark. I thought she would take them up and spend around2-3 hours there and that it would pass an afternoon while we were gone. But, she just sent me the nicest message about Funtasia about how they spent 5 hours there because there was so much to do with the passes we got her and I wanted to share it!!

I recently visited Funtasia Drogheda with my 3 nieces and nephew. The waterpark was great, we easily spent a couple of hours there. The older kids loved it and and there was even some more extreme slides for the adults and older ones to enjoy. There is a kids area with smaller slides but it is quite small in comparison to the rest of the park, it is at the very back so took us a few minutes to find it which involved walking through the main part where there is a lot of water spraying and splashing everywhere. It was a bit much for the 5 year old but she quickly got used to it and was soon in her element there. If you get a break from been dragged around by excited children there is a nice Jacuzzi to relax in too! No chance for me this time but maybe next time…

After spending some time in the at the Waterpark we were famished, there is a food place right outside the waterpark with some reasonably prices kids meals. Very much fast food but there are some options for sandwich and wraps and coffee which suited me. Later we played an 18 hole round of crazy golf, again perfect for a range of age groups, it was quiet so the 5 of us were able to take our time going around without worrying about holding others up coming behind us. We also did the zip line, there is a height restriction with this so only the two oldest could do it but it is done very quickly so there is not much waiting around. We finished the day off with a game of bowling, once again perfect for all ages. They have bumpers and the ramps for the younger ones and the 5 year old actually won – which she was delighted with!

Over all we had a great day out and found there was loads of stuff to do. We went on a Saturday afternoon and didn’t have to queue for anything and there was plenty of helpful staff around to help out. We spent 5 hours there – it is definitely a place I would recommend for kids. Its great for Aunties to take them too, I would not have known about it only my sister in law got us the tickets.

Have to say, next time we are going away, we will definitely be getting her passes for Funtasia again if she is minding our little ones. Then again, after having them for 3 whole days, we may never see her again!! LOL!!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.