x box Kinect!!

Home Forums National Chat x box Kinect!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    happymumblemum
    Participant

We can’t wait for the launch of this in our house..it is absolutely amazing.tHE Wii console business may as well go in to liquidation now..the technology on it BLOWS the wii and other motion activated systems out of the water…

Tried it out in Tesco last weekend and it really does live up to the hype..its like something from the Minority Report..you know where he moves stuff on screen with his hand :lol:

Its out early November…and its around 150 euro..will buy it the day its released..no waiting for Santa here..my two techies need it and need it now :lol: :lol:

For any one with an X box it is an absolute must have!!!!

edilum

Looks good on the promo add, havent got to try it out. Its good value for what it claims to do. No fiddling round putting remote on floor to balance it etc. Cant wait, think I might order from my brother in states and get him to post home.

trixiebell
    Participant

what is this hmm? DS loves his x box, so wondering if he would like this?

happymumblemum
    Participant

Its like the wii but it works with the X box ..the technology is top class and makes the wii look rubbish!! There are no controllers to hold..it maps movement from your whole body legs feet everything…

It just clips onto top of the telly and you put the kinect games into your x box as normal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nee86i_vInE

There are all types of games..adventure, dancing , fitness, sports etc etc..its very interactive and you have to stand up!!!

scole1

looks cool. and yeah have to agree much better than wii….

yummymummy

Interesting………….guess santa for x mas 2011 is sorted. We dont have an xbox (typical eh) but will defo look into it for next year. Looks pretty cool!!

Jedt
    Keymaster

Its basically only motion controller which will be limited to only a certain number of games. Its fun and a new gimmick but in terms of longevity it falls way short of the Playstation Move.

The Move is literally 2years ahead of the kinect, with a huge list of upcoming games and an already good batch of games that support this technology.

For anyone that looking for a number of years of innovative games, which is leading the market with games, technology and graphics, I’d recommend the Move.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9ybHddDMgM

http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/periphera … ontroller/

happymumblemum
    Participant

The best thing for me about the Kinect is not having to hold a controller..!!

Especially for dancing games 😆

Jedt
    Keymaster

The best thing for me about the Kinect is not having to hold a controller..!!

Especially for dancing games 😆
    My point exactly, its fine for novelty games, i.e. dancing games but there is only a certain life span in those.

The PlayStation Move is more intuitive, superior range of games, superior graphics, longer life span and its there for all kind of gamers – causal and those who’ll still play 2/3/4 years from now.

happymumblemum
    Participant

I can’t wait to get mine..was always terrified of dd smashing the telly with the wii controller..I love the minority report feel too it …really picking up the bowling ball wasfab too..

Ur prob right it smuch more family orientated than the ps

yummymummy

I rem when my bro first got the wii and there was no wist straps with it and my ds was playing the bowling and the control went flying at the tv…………my dad nearly had a heart attack haha!

I guess this new thing will inflate the price of the xbox360 now will it?

Jedt
    Keymaster

I guess if the straps are used as recommended, the TV would be safe…lol

Clearly you’re set on the Kinect, hope you enjoy and get the timespan you require.

Just to point out, PS Move has a wider range of family orientated games than Xb, with games like Singstar Dance, Eyepet 1&2, Sports Champions, Toy Story3, Start the Party, TV Superstars amongst many others buts its games like Brunswick Pro Bowling and (the very funny) The Shoot where you get the feedback in the controller which really puts you into the game.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.