OLOL mums – epidural

Home Forums National Chat OLOL mums – epidural

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Moonflower

ooooohhhh, that sounds nasty Chipbutty….

star

i voted other as i asked for it and the anesitist (SP) was on his way to give it to me but an emergency came in, a lady who was only 26 wks gone, baby had to be delivered 14 wks early. As soon as the anesitist was available i got it. i couldn’t fault them in OLOL, i had a tough pregnancy was admitted 3 times b4 dd came along and had a very tough labour they were great there though.

I had emergency section, so had no choice, but did hear another girl begging for it and heard them say no, coz guy who was on that night was going into theatre ‘for me 🙁 ‘

I did feel really bad for her though 😥

joey_rudd

On my first baby i asked for one but they said they were too busy and then when they had time it was too late…but i’m glad i did it without it in the end

I’m pretty sure this girl gave birth before I went into theatre going by what I heard going down the corridor. I just hope it wasn’t any of you 😳

Taylor5

If there is only 1 anesitist god love the other women in labour. My section from the time ds was born to me getting off the table was over 2 hours 😯 I dont know how long he was with me when he was putting it epi in, it did take a good while as I have damage to my back and he was being extra careful, plus he had to start over as I could feel the needle going in…. he was great and listened to me 100%, he done it so well the second time I didnt feel it going in at all. So he must have been 3 hours with me 😳 (it wasnt my fault)
    So a huge sorry if you were in Labour on the evening of the 7/7 London bombs and didnt get your epi for hours and hours 😳 😆 😆 😆 😆

I don’t think I’ll tell you my dd’s date just incase!

Taylor5

Could you imagine, someone reading and going "so thats the B**ch" 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

star

i wasn’t in labour that day taylor, i think next time i will look for the epi earlier just in case!!

Moonflower

it really is bad in this day and age that epidural is not always an option due to lack of staff….imagine if a private anesatist (spelling 😳 ) was available to hire…….he would make a fortune!!!

and has anyone been offered the mobile epidural here in Ireland? i have seen it on US and UK tv programmes……..

Bettystown babe, i had epidural but i think you could still hear my moans right down in the reception…….my yoga teacher said to make as much noise as poss and moo like a cow……so if anyone heard very strange noises end dec 05…that was me 😳 😳 😆 😆

Happymammy

Hi
    I was 22 hours in labour and i was still waiting for the damn thing! When he did get it in i had the baby within the hour and i was all over the place for hours waitin for my legs to come back to me!!! 😆 All in all though a good first birth experience as i didnt know anything else to compare it to! I will be this time though and i will be in there with a doc in a headlock well before the 4cm kicks in this time!!!!! with plenty of bags of epidural all for me!!!!!! 😆 😆 Im no martyr and i dont intend of ever trying to have a baby without it!

Taylor5

Happy they just wanted to make you suffer for all the moaning you did 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆
    Be nice this time and you’ll get it quicker and remind bf which lips your talking about 🙄 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

TracyDonegan

Interesting thread. It’s not just the lack of anesthetists (although I agree if you could hire one privately they’d do quite well I’m sure !! 🙂 ) Once you have an epidural you MUST have continuous monitoring and a midwife with you to keep an eye on you and the baby.

For those mums who had the epidural did you have a midwife with you throughout?

Tracy

rossylisa

yes i did and a student nurse through out my pregnacy and the anesthetists came back to see how i was

Taylor5

I had the anesthetists with me the whole time, but it was a section. As I said in another post it took hours and he was there until hte finish, God love any mums in the full height of labour while I was getting sectioned

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.