New Indoor market

Home Forums Louth Chat New Indoor market

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    waawoo

Hi all,
    I’m a little dismayed about our new market. I visited the market on the first day of opening and was amazed at the selection and variety of products for sale. The building itself is lovely and the atmosphere and buzz of the place is great. We sat down and had a lovely lunch amoung the lively banter of the stall holders. Also the pinata lady has a stall there, i know she’s popular with the mumstown regulars. Also off the top of my head there was chocolates, designer clothes, soaps, flowers, handmade cards and antiques, oh and loads of jewellery. I thought it was a great addition to the town.

My mother in law was visiting this weekend and i though it would be a lovely treat to take her to the market. Although all the stalls were open and still had a lovely atmosphere it was very quiet. After talking to one stall holder it appears that people have not yet fully embraced this market. Without sounding like i’m on my soap box, I only just hope that drogheda will open its eyes to support this establishment and local traders. And hopefully it will flurish and provide us with even more variety and quality.

rossylisa

forgot this was opened 😕 where abouts is it and when is it on

munchin
    Participant

i’m hoping to get up this w/e dh loves wandering around markets

Anonymous
    Inactive

forgot this was opened 😕 where abouts is it and when is it on

I’m not sure when it’s on but it’s opposite the old Tourist Info office, where the weavers used to be. So up the road you are looking up when you cross the footbridge from Scotch Hall. Maj…something street/road.

I was also waiting eagerly for it to open but the opening of it kind of passed me by. If it’s open between now and Thurs I’ll take the kids down. I agree, it’s so important to support our local traders

Yvonne

Meant to get down to this, might get down this weekend.

redbells

Think the problem is no one knows its on or when it is on, is it everyday, just the weekend, what times? Have been wanting to go since I heard about it but it was always "going to be opened" never opened. Glad to hear it is open now but what are its hours/days/times?

Yvonne

I think its only opened either Thursday to Sunday or Friday to Sunday, not sure of times – you think they would have had a big spread in the paper when it did open!

munchin
    Participant

they did have a spread in the drogheda leader and there was an add with the opening times in last week too it’s only open of a weekend think it might be fri-sunday

Taylor5

I keep forgetting to call in to this place, will have to do it over the weekend. I heard there is a lovely pastry stall, the guy is from Slane.

waawoo

i’ve just dug out the newspaper to get the official times the market is open. Every friday and saturday 10 to 6 and sunday 12 to 6.

noeleenw

i went a few weeks ago its quite good but really needs more people to go to keep it open

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.